Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FS: TWO 1971 914/6 conversions
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
Wanna9146
I am selling two 1971 914's as a set. The red car is a 914/6 conversion ('71 2.4l w/MFI) done several years ago. Car sat for 10+ yrs. before I resurrected it & un-fuched many things done by the previous owner. All structural rust issues have been repaired. Car still has some cosmetic rust. Runs very well, but the MFI needs tweaking (pops on decel) and the t-stat requires a manual lever installed (could be a related issue). A vendor on this site (can't recall his name) sells the conversion for $395. Car has newly ceramic coated headers which prevent hot air from being delivered to t-stat. Very minimal drips underneath. It was my understanding the motor was rebuilt just prior to the car being stored. I'm assuming, by the overall cleanliness and lack of leaks, that this is fact. Motor may be bigger than a 2.4 as I can easily keep up with my friend's 3.0 911. Decals are covering paint imperfections. Paint is so-so at best. Bumpers are installed now. Wheels are powdercoated. Brand new tires/brakes. Complete front/rear sway bars (not installed) are included. Everything electrical works (lights, horn, turn signals, fogs, radio). Fuel tank was flushed/sealed/painted. New (correct) fuel pump. Interior is complete and in very good condition (could use new carpet).

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

Blue car is 100% RUST FREE. I just had it professionally blasted/painted (Sunoco Racing Blue) to the tune of $5k. Paint/body is perfect (disregard dust flecks in pics. Paint is still "curing", so I dare not wash/dust the car yet). Bottom of car was undercoated with black (non-rubberized) undercoating. Included are fiberglass flares (which will resemble the red/black car pictured below when installed). Also included are fiberglass rocker covers, rear glass, headlight covers/eyebrows and the original metal removed from the fenders (if you decide to restore to original). Arrow points to the only flaw I can see in the hell-hole area: two pinholes beneath the battery-tray where acid dripped. NO OTHER RUST or issues in the hell-hole area! I guarantee this is the most rust-free 914 you've ever seen. Note: This car is a "roller". No motor/trans.

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

See my Photobucket account for additional photos:

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v639/gen...orsche%20914-6/

My goal was to move the good parts/motor from the Red car to the Blue car, but the red car is too nice to part out. So now I have two 914's that I don't know what to do with. Asking price for both vehicles is $12k. I will gladly assist with shipping. Please do not hesitate to PM for additional info.
carr914
The Blue car is Truly Rust-Free. I know, it used to be Mine! biggrin.gif

T.C.
Wanna9146
Well...I finished it for you!

I may consider selling the two separately, but I really need the room.

How much is a rust-free, painted body worth? This is an ideal starting block for someone with the right engine/trans. No body work, no repairs, just bolt-in and go.

QUOTE(carr914 @ Jan 30 2009, 08:54 AM) *

The Blue car is Truly Rust-Free. I know, it used to be Mine! biggrin.gif

T.C.

rick 918-S
Did you just cut the quarter panels and bolt the flares onto the red car?

What is the paint code on the car you call red? the first couple posts.
Wanna9146
The red car with the flares is not mine. It is a pic of a car I found on the net to display what the blue car will look like with flares. The flares will be affixed via Dzus fasteners or rivets. And yes, the sheetmetal surrounding the wheels is cut to make room for larger wheels/tires.

The red car I am selling was been painted over 10 years ago. I do not know the paint code, but I do not believe it is a Porsche color.

QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Jan 30 2009, 08:25 PM) *

sixaddict
Sent PM. . Thanks

QUOTE(Wanna9146 @ Jan 30 2009, 09:10 PM) *

The red car with the flares is not mine. It is a pic of a car I found on the net to display what the blue car will look like with flares. The flares will be affixed via Dzus fasteners or rivets. And yes, the sheetmetal surrounding the wheels is cut to make room for larger wheels/tires.

The red car I am selling was been painted over 10 years ago. I do not know the paint code, but I do not believe it is a Porsche color.

sixaddict
Went back to check some facts and found you didn't want pms. Also checked phot bucket and got other answers. Sorry ...not a good on screen reader.
Would like to talk with you about looking at this ......don't want to post pone number but email me please a number and when it would be convenient to call.
Thanks,

QUOTE(sixaddict @ Jan 31 2009, 04:20 AM) *

Sent PM. . Thanks

QUOTE(Wanna9146 @ Jan 30 2009, 09:10 PM) *

carr914
Wanna said to; "do not hesitate to pm for additional info".

That means PM him. We pm'd twice yesterday.

I'm the one that cut the fenders on the blue car about a year ago. Wanna has the pieces that I cut out if you want to go back to a narrow body or the F/G flares that I had attached with Dzus fasteners (the holes above the cut-outs)

Did I mention the Blue car has ZERO rust. (advertising plugs at no charge)

T.C.
sixaddict
Thanks ....Proof positive I can't read....Speed reading obviously no my strong suit.

Wanna.... Thanks for reply please email me a phone # : zztot@charter.net

Thanks all.
TOT
Wanna9146
Went back to check some facts and found you didn't want pms

PM's are fine. I DO NOT want PMS. I get enough of that from my girlfriend... biggrin.gif

Phone # sent.
rick 918-S
Check the paint code tag in the on the left hinge pillar of the red car. Is it a 98?
Wanna9146
I'll be at the shop again on Mon. Will check and report back.

QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Jan 31 2009, 07:11 PM) *

Check the paint code tag in the on the left hinge pillar of the red car. Is it a 98?

Wanna9146
Bump for the night crew...
markb
I may have missed it, but I don't see prices.....
dkjens
QUOTE(markb @ Feb 20 2009, 07:50 AM) *

$12k for both.
Wanna9146
QUOTE(markb @ Feb 20 2009, 07:50 AM) *

See last line of ad.
Wanna9146
One last bump before I send 'em both to the crusher (or E-Bay blink.gif )
sharper
Wish I could swing it. Would love to have that blue one especially.
Wanna9146
QUOTE(sharper @ Mar 10 2009, 06:14 AM) *

Wish I could swing it. Would love to have that blue one especially.

I'll break up the set. I thought it would be an ideal project for someone to move everything over. I wouldn't mind keeping the red one intact. It's a good "driver".
merrill
How much for just the Red car?
Wanna9146
QUOTE(merrill @ Mar 12 2009, 01:28 PM) *

How much for just the Red car?

Haven't really thought about it. I didn't think anyone would be interested in that car alone. Feel free to make an offer.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.