Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: So who has the green one in Redmond
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
familienauto
Steel wheels, Zambezi(?) green. I have seen this car a couple times now, looks to be getting driven daily. Passed by it today in my Ghia at 148th & Redmond Way.
McMark
The appropriately named 'Greenie' is up that way.
PeeGreen 914
He doesn't have steel wheels and I believe that car is stored at the moment while he works on the other. Could be though. Curt only lives a few minutes from there.
ConeDodger
QUOTE(Phoenix 914-6GT @ Jan 29 2009, 11:18 PM) *

He doesn't have steel wheels and I believe that car is stored at the moment while he works on the other. Could be though. Curt only lives a few minutes from there.

Curt is currently hard at work removing the steel flares from his other project car so that his wife, the General can get the groceries into the house... I believe he is too busy to be driving around Redmond. welder.gif
ericread
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Jan 29 2009, 11:21 PM) *

QUOTE(Phoenix 914-6GT @ Jan 29 2009, 11:18 PM) *

Curt is currently hard at work removing the steel flares from his other project car so that his wife, the General can get the groceries into the house... I believe he is too busy to be driving around Redmond. welder.gif

Please refresh my memory. Is this the "General" to which you are referring?

Click to view attachment

(OK, guilty... I'll use any excuse to review this picture...)
sixnotfour
No , It's this General
ssstikircr
WOW!! shades.gif
Solo914
QUOTE(ssstikircr @ Jan 30 2009, 09:41 AM) *

WOW!! shades.gif

Atteeeeeention....Ten hut....March March March..........

I live in Redmond(Yellow 914) and have never seen a green 914 there other than Greenie. There is a orange one that parks in the Bridle Trails parking lot quite often but thats about all I know.
Oh and ofcourse the silver 2.0 that is just down the street from my house that I have been driving by for atleast 2 years and wondering if I should just stop in and make the guy an offer on. This car has been sitting in the weeds for a long time but doesn't look too bad and could make a cool project or atleast parts car.

Kyle
greenie
Not me, Kelty is babysitting Greenie for awhile.

I guess I'm not the only guy that never get's tired of looking at that picture of "the General".

greenie
QUOTE(sixnotfour @ Jan 30 2009, 09:31 AM) *

No , It's this General

Hey Jeff,

You sure are quick with this photo, must be on the homecomputer/workcomputer & cellphone huh?

Did you get my PM ? I need some unpaid consultation.
ericread

No , It's this General

Click to view attachment

Looks to me like the General is on the left and the Lt. Col is on the right???

drooley.gif

Oops - This is some guys wife right??? Uhhhhhhh-Sorry.
greenie
QUOTE(familienauto @ Jan 29 2009, 10:56 PM) *

Steel wheels, Zambezi(?) green. I have seen this car a couple times now, looks to be getting driven daily. Passed by it today in my Ghia at 148th & Redmond Way.

Sorry about the hijack Zack... welcome.png
sheeplove.gif

sixnotfour
home work wallet......PM returned.
familienauto
No, it's not Greenie's car, I know that one!

Nice thread hijack! cheer.gif
greenie
QUOTE(familienauto @ Jan 30 2009, 07:10 PM) *

No, it's not Greenie's car, I know that one!

Nice thread hijack! cheer.gif

So what did your Mom do with the "one of a kind collectible" T-shirt?

If she washes it the value will plummet.
familienauto
Despite my insistence that it be stored in a nitrogen-filled safe for when its value increases...

She actually wears it occasionally!
Todd Enlund
QUOTE(greenie @ Jan 30 2009, 01:36 PM) *

Not me, Kelty is babysitting Greenie for awhile.

In other words, Kelty swapped wheels and is driving your car?
familienauto
Yeah that must be it, I think I noticed he put a few new dents in it and must have left it outside for a while cause the chrome was kinda rusty. poke.gif
smooth_eddy
There is nothing "General" about that woman.........

So as long as we are on the subject of 914's in the NW.........What is the story with the orange 914 sitting across the street from Dunn Lumber on Northlake? It's just rotting away.

Eddy
daveyboybadion
How's about the red 2.0 lt at university motorsports, north of the public library. I've talked to the owner of the car lot several times about buying it. Seems he is storing it outside for a friend that has no intention of selling it. It breaks my heart to see it melting away in the Seattle rain...daveyboy... WTF.gif
familienauto
There's also a silver one sitting in the middle of a field of tall grass in Rose Hill...why you would leave a car wide out in the open like that I do not know.
PeeGreen 914
Sadly there are quite a few 914s just sitting out there rotting sad.gif Like when you go out to Alki and look in the guys yard with three of them just sitting there. chair.gif
slow914
QUOTE(Phoenix 914-6GT @ Jan 31 2009, 11:52 AM) *

Sadly there are quite a few 914s just sitting out there rotting sad.gif Like when you go out to Alki and look in the guys yard with three of them just sitting there. chair.gif

I went there last weekend and they were standing out front, wish I had been in my car I would have talked to them but I thought id be a little akward in my buddies car.

QUOTE(Solo914 @ Jan 30 2009, 10:11 AM) *

QUOTE(ssstikircr @ Jan 30 2009, 09:41 AM) *

WOW!! shades.gif

Atteeeeeention....Ten hut....March March March..........

I live in Redmond(Yellow 914) and have never seen a green 914 there other than Greenie. There is a orange one that parks in the Bridle Trails parking lot quite often but thats about all I know.
Oh and ofcourse the silver 2.0 that is just down the street from my house that I have been driving by for atleast 2 years and wondering if I should just stop in and make the guy an offer on. This car has been sitting in the weeds for a long time but doesn't look too bad and could make a cool project or atleast parts car.

Kyle

I used to work at that Subway, that guy has been parking there on the weekends for a long time, still have no idea why????
sixnotfour

The owner is on this board , we could have a sawzall beach party on two of them.
Drums66
QUOTE(ericread @ Jan 30 2009, 05:03 PM) *

No , It's this General

Click to view attachment

Looks to me like the General is on the left and the Lt. Col is on the right???

drooley.gif

Oops - This is some guys wife right??? Uhhhhhhh-Sorry.

Yeah! watch it Private...LOL biggrin.gif
PeeGreen 914
QUOTE(sixnotfour @ Jan 31 2009, 12:41 PM) *

The owner is on this board , we could have a sawzall beach party on two of them.

Who? and why doens't he just cut them up or something. They can't be any good after all that long of sitting in the grass out near the salty air confused24.gif
ericread
QUOTE(sixnotfour @ Jan 31 2009, 12:41 PM) *

A sawzall party on the two owners or the two cars???
Solo914
QUOTE(familienauto @ Jan 31 2009, 11:19 AM) *

There's also a silver one sitting in the middle of a field of tall grass in Rose Hill...why you would leave a car wide out in the open like that I do not know.

Thats the one I was talking about. Its about .5 mile from my house and I either jog or drive by it once a day. I have stopped in there a couple times when people were home.... but no one one would even come out to talk to me confused24.gif

Kyle
RJMII
QUOTE(Solo914 @ Feb 1 2009, 01:07 AM) *

QUOTE(familienauto @ Jan 31 2009, 11:19 AM) *

Thats the one I was talking about. Its about .5 mile from my house and I either jog or drive by it once a day. I have stopped in there a couple times when people were home.... but no one one would even come out to talk to me confused24.gif

Kyle

Just go over there and start working on the car, I bet someone would come out to talk to you. Air up the tires, polish the wheels... av-943.gif
familienauto
Just be careful not to fall through the floorpan, it has been there for a while!
sixnotfour
Who? and why doens't he just cut them up or something. They can't be any good after all that long of sitting in the grass out near the salty air

Why ? cost nothing to sit there, the red 914 is from CA was still good 3 yrs ago, the others junk. orange had a running 2.0 other one is a 69.

What I am saying is for a party we can cut em up and get some trinkets.
I know the owner.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.