Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FS: 73 914 2.0 FI w/ Rebuilt Engine
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
91420L
I finally must consider my 914 because I will have my first child coming out in March. Needed 4 seater....
Engine has been rebuilt at reputable shop in South Bay Los Angeles and has 20K miles after rebuild.
I have been driving this 914 every day to/from work between Irvine and Torrance.
All rust has been taken care when engine was out incl. Firewall, floor and all other.

- 20K Miles after rebuild.
- Matched parts for FI and working great(about 26mpg)
- Rust in all common area are taken care. (Cut and Patch and PO15ed)
- New Tires and original Fuchs.
- No Non working functions. Oh.. No radio, sorry..

Prefer local sale. Must sell at this time, Please make offer.

touchi@jbs.co.jp
310-750-7960

jesiv
So how much WTF.gif
porschecb
$2,000 Delivered biggrin.gif confused24.gif

popcorn[1].gif popcorn[1].gif popcorn[1].gif popcorn[1].gif popcorn[1].gif popcorn[1].gif popcorn[1].gif
Brisco914prc
Could you please post close up, large photos of the interior from both sides, seats, dash top surface, engine compartment from both sides, floors of both front and rear trunks (with carpet, pads, and spare tire removed), and underbody.

Does the car have working heat exchangers? The exhaust does not appear to be stock.

How is the rear trunk opened with the added rear "PORSCHE" reflector?

What is the paint color code on the driver side door plaque?

What is the price?

Thank you.
914werke
QUOTE(jesiv @ Jan 30 2009, 01:31 PM) *

So how much WTF.gif

Isnt that (posting a price) a fourm rule WTF.gif
91420L
Please allow me to post some pics.

The car has working heat exchangers with dual duct attached to blower.
The exhaust is Bursch. Both exhaust and heat exchangers were powder coated via the shop who rebuilt the engine.

Rear trunk operated via a push button located near license plate. Rpessing the button triggers relay to open the lid.

I will check color code and take some more pics on Monday because I planed to work on oil change and maintenance on Monday.

I studied Excellence Magazine to learn market value of my 914 and would like to seek 14K. Since the price in eBay and other BBS are a lot lower than that, I would like to take best offer by best buyer who will take good care of this 914.

I enjoyed this 914 so much while I own. The car gave me a lot of opportunities to meet great 914ers and related people. I am looking for some one who will take a good care of this car.

Thank you so much for your interest.

Takeshi

Click to view attachment
jonferns
14k sounds like a reasonable amount for that car. What kind of rust repair did you have done, looks like a full repaint? Post pics of the repaired areas. The quality of the repairs will dictate the price as well. Overall, very nice car! Color looks like L13K sunflower (summer) yellow.
91420L
Thank you for your reply.

Rust area taken care: New Battery Tray and support, Firewall, The shelf on firewall

What's doe for rust: Cut rust parts and weld if it was necessary. PO15ed and paint with close color paint.

What's other things done: Weld in thick plates on speaker area to enforce door opening to support straight body. Weld Squire pipes along both sides of longs for body enforcement.

It has been plan to do all exterior repaint when the time comes but not done yet. The car must have been re-painted prior of my owner-ship. I must check paint code plate located on door area(Karman plate) but I believe that it is Sunflower yellow.

The car drives so well with slightly advanced timing with Pertronix pointless parts I have installed.

Has bils shocks and alignment is adjusted for highway comfortability since I take this car to San Diego to work sometime.

I try to take more pics ASAP.
91420L
Here are some more pics.
Major rust areas are taken care by replacing panels and PO15ed then painted to matched color.

Surface rust in front spare tire area is sprayed with rust killing paint. I was going to sand and paint in future.
I forgot to take pics of rear trunk but it also sprayed for little surface rust.

Exterior was my next target to take care.

I may high ball in price. Any reasonable offer, I will consider to take. Please make offer. Thank you!
91420L
Please make an offer!

Thanks!

Takeshi
Cell 310-750-7960
jesiv
What is the thing "wire tied" to the battery tray area? Also what purpose does the lcd serve?

Regards,

James
91420L
Oh. The wired thing is a tube intaking air to stock air cleaner box. My mechanic says it does not make sense but I thought it helps sucking little cold air from front area of engine bay.

LCD is GPS. I made an bracket to mount on center console. Power is supplied from tapped cigar lighter wiring. Its very nicely mounted.

Please make offer. I will have my baby popped out in 4weeks... I need four door.

91420L
Price lowered!

$12500 OBO. Please make offer.
Thank you.

91420L
I need to price this right.
Could anyone help me !!!
JeffBowlsby
You have what looks to be a very nice car Takeshi and its got some really nice features - 73 2.0L, Yellow paint, Fuchs, SSI, basically stock and well cared for which is becoming mroe difficult to find everyday. If its all true about the rust condition and based on the photos, I would guess the right price is somewhere around 9-10K in todays market. I am not a buyer, just my opinion.

As much as us 914 owners would like to believe the Excellence pricing guide, it is well known that no savvy buyer accepts them.
91420L
Thank you Jeff!
9-10K. Understood.

BTW I still have MPS calibrated by you! Everything I did on this car, I wish I win Lotto!!!!
LeNoah
Who did the engine work? WAs the tx worked on? Shift well?
91420L
Engine has been rebuilt by Callas Rennsport in Torrance.
Shifting has been adjusted very well.

Sorry but what is tx?

Thank you for reply.
jc914
nice 73 2.0 hope you sell it. good luck
91420L
Thank you!
I may have to consider to adjust price in this economy...

Everytime i drive, more feeling to keep it...
91420L
Bump.

Please make offer.
orange914
QUOTE(Jeff Bowlsby @ Feb 18 2009, 01:18 PM) *

You have what looks to be a very nice car Takeshi and its got some really nice features - 73 2.0L, Yellow paint, Fuchs, SSI, basically stock and well cared for which is becoming mroe difficult to find everyday. If its all true about the rust condition and based on the photos, I would guess the right price is somewhere around 9-10K in todays market. I am not a buyer, just my opinion.

As much as us 914 owners would like to believe the Excellence pricing guide, it is well known that no savvy buyer accepts them.

looks like a very nice 73 (my favorite year!). you should be in the upper end of 914-4's. i also have a 73 that i just did some fairly unbiased research on the present value here on the world. i tried to focus on what it, in reality sell for in todays market. amoung many other things, it was stated, i WASN'T actually selling, so i think it's fairly acurate. as i expected the value is probably down 30-40% just like housing. in a nut shell in 05 i had an apx. established value of $10,000 but today has a realistic sale of apx. $6500. i don't mean to discourage you, and hopefully you'll do well, it shows very nicely. isn't there anyway of hanging on several years for not only enjoying it, but values that WILL return? here is the link. and good luck with the car and newborn bye1.gif

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...c=93167&hl=

mike

p.s. watch the time the baby's born it may be a sign (9:14) driving-girl.gif driving.gif
kkid
PM sent biggrin.gif
Tom_T
QUOTE(91420L @ Feb 26 2009, 11:24 PM) *

Thank you!
I may have to consider to adjust price in this economy...

Everytime i drive, more feeling to keep it...

Hey Touchi,

Take my advice in this area & keep it. Otherwise you'll get to be my age (56-57) & wishing you still had it! Go get a "deal" on a new/used 2-4 dr. sedan for the family stuff! ...dealers are dealing!

....plus I think you can get seat belts for the center "seat" - if you have the hinged center cushion (my 2L does) or get one, & some 914s are even placarded as 2+1 on the tire inflation label! That takes care of 3!

I kept my 73 2L - even after it was mashed in the F&R by a gal in the UCLA pkg structure while I was in MBA classes (you can see more on my post requesting more info on restoration - if you're seriously bored that is!). And that was after spending $$$$ repainting, rebuilding the engine, tranny, new Konis & CVs, fuel pump reloc. to front, etc. 80-83! She's been stored in my garage & waiting patiently since 5/85! My 2 kids are now close to graduating college this June & Jan. 2010. Now I finally have all at the same instant in time - the time (due to crappy economy & RE dev. dead!), the money (just got paid on an old RE deal - finally!) & no kid-hindrances - except a son who wants to drive it when up & running again! So I'm starting the process....

So here's where your glimpse into the future comes ---- For you, I figure by 2030+/- (your kid is then 21) - your cherry little 2L (undamaged - unlike mine, & presumably a factory 2L?) should be worth a ton of money (probably even if a 1.7 > 2.0 conversion), if you can store it properly &/or drive/maintain it carefully over that time.

For example: in 5/85 before the damage, my `73 2L was worth $6500+ (per the insurance battle comps then), and according to NADA today it would be worth $12,000 to over $20,000 (if not damaged) depending upon condition & economic factors. That's about double or better over the 24+/- years since 5/85 to 3/09, and it's really been only in the last decade that their values started to take off!

Collectors have finally realized that the 115,000 or so total 914s built over just 6 years (70-76), and the fact that so many dropped off the face of the planet due to condition & general maligning by nose-in-the-air "real porsche" owners & "car critics" (lower case "p" intentional) - thereby severely reducing the number of survivors.

Living in Irvine - you're in Fiskar country & probably have seen that guy's Tesla roadster running around. They're even converting 914s to EVs now! So what do you think the state of affairs will be by 2030 (when your kid([s] are on their own - hopefully), for a classic gasoline powered low production `73 Porsche sports car!??? Economic cycles aside, my guess would be that then almost 60 year old antique sports car would about Quadruple in value from today's value range - or perhaps even more (look at similar 50-60 year old ones today)!!!!

Plus it's a crappy economy now to try to sell (unless you have to for financial reasons), which is why mine sat so long - so I understand that aspect too. So don't be too anxious to sell yours at a bargain price today, and live to regret it later when you're older, greyer & hopefully wiser!

Sorry to all of the WTBs out there drooley.gif at this one!

"Do what ya gotta do" though! Good Luck!
Tom T
Orange, CA
///////
Tom_T
QUOTE(91420L @ Jan 30 2009, 02:28 PM) *

I finally must consider my 914 because I will have my first child coming out in March. Needed 4 seater....
Engine has been rebuilt at reputable shop in South Bay Los Angeles and has 20K miles after rebuild.
I have been driving this 914 every day to/from work between Irvine and Torrance.
All rust has been taken care when engine was out incl. Firewall, floor and all other.

- 20K Miles after rebuild.
- Matched parts for FI and working great(about 26mpg)
- Rust in all common area are taken care. (Cut and Patch and PO15ed)
- New Tires and original Fuchs.
- No Non working functions. Oh.. No radio, sorry..

Prefer local sale. Must sell at this time, Please make offer.

touchi@jbs.co.jp
310-750-7960

PS Touchi - You might check out Hans Imports on Gothard St. in HB for your 914 mechanic.....tell Hans or Carl that I referred you. Much closer than South Bay, and probably just as reputable & reliable.

Hans was factory trained on 914s & immigrated here in late 60's or early `70's. He checked out mine before I bought it used in 2/76 (& rejected several before it), and has worked on it, my `85 BMW 325e & `88 Westfalia & Honda since then! ....and I've driven the extra miles Orange to HB since after I moved here from HB in 85.

Good guys & do good work for a fair price, without any unnecessary "add-ons"!

Hans Imports: 714-536-4000, 714-960-9000, 714-847-1739

Also recco to any others out there with VW, Porsche, Audi, Mercedes in "The OC"!

Tom T
///////
91420L
Hi, Everyone!

Thank you so much for all the input!
I also apologize for not posting/reply to you.

I had my baby on 3/15 and did not have time to even come to forum.

Pleas allow me to have some time to catchup.

Thank you 914ers!

Takeshi
jsayre914
welcome.png Congratulations

( let me be the first to welcome the little one )

your in for lotsa fun
piratenanner.gif
Tom_T
QUOTE(91420L @ Mar 30 2009, 09:39 AM) *

Hi, Everyone!

Thank you 914ers!

Takeshi

birthday3.gif
Congrats & many years of joy!

At which Hospital - Hoag, St. Jo's, Mission?
My wife's an RN at St. Jo.

Tom T
///////
Tom_T
QUOTE(Tom_T @ Apr 1 2009, 12:50 AM) *

QUOTE(91420L @ Mar 30 2009, 09:39 AM) *

Hi, Everyone!

Thank you 914ers!

Takeshi

birthday3.gif
Congrats & many years of joy!

At which Hospital - Hoag, St. Jo's, Mission?
My wife's an RN at St. Jo.

Tom T
///////

PS - FYI for Takeshi & "all y'all" out there - the link below is to the NADA website price/value search for a 1973 914-2.0 (the location, year & model can be changed to suit your particular car & local market value).

http://www.nadaguides.com/default.aspx?LI=...92867&da=-1

When I just looked at it for 4/1/09, all of the prices were lower by about $1000 from early/mid-March, which I quoted in my earlier reply on the weekend past.......effects of the bad economy I guess!?

Hope this helps!
Tom T
///////
91420L
Hi all!

I wanted to thank all of you so let me post this reply again.

Finally, we started to settle with our new member in family! Its been three month and my sleep time and bank accounts have been decreased...

My 914 is still here. I still have to keep considering to let it go but this drives so well. I drive 914 every weekend and just got valve adjustment.

To avoid further argument with my wife I am selling 914 for $8500 firm.
Car is ready to test drive at Irvine, CA.
Please contact me for any question.

Thank you again!

Takeshi
Cell 310-750-7960
Email: takeshi.ouchi@gmail.com

Click to view attachment
91420L
Happy New Year to ALL!
I still have 914 here.
Please contact me if you are interested. $8500(Please make reasonable Offer)

about 30K Miles since engine rebuild, new windshield and engine tin powder coating and etc.
Breaks and wheel bearings are due now that I am about to complete.
Cold starting issue was resolved by cleaning and readjustment of TPS.
Fresh air motor does not run(I have working spare).
No Air Conditioner biggrin.gif

I am in OC, CA.
914 is now garaged since I start to drive 4 doors to comute.....
EdwardBlume
Cute kid and nice car! Good luck on the sale!
sam quartermain

Hi, I'm offering 5200 . Cash .

That's all I have and I only want to pay cash.

If it's any consolation , I'm pretty local , arcadia monrovia area . and I have a empty garage .

Josh
flat4tom
QUOTE(91420L @ Jan 3 2010, 12:55 AM) *

Happy New Year to ALL!
I still have 914 here.
Please contact me if you are interested. $8500(Please make reasonable Offer)

about 30K Miles since engine rebuild, new windshield and engine tin powder coating and etc.
Breaks and wheel bearings are due now that I am about to complete.
Cold starting issue was resolved by cleaning and readjustment of TPS.
Fresh air motor does not run(I have working spare).
No Air Conditioner biggrin.gif

I am in OC, CA.
914 is now garaged since I start to drive 4 doors to comute.....

Hello Takeshi,

Please check your personel messages - you have a PM.

Regards,
Tom
91420L
Sale pending.
Thank you for many interest!
want2buya914also
Is it sold?
91420L
My 914 is now sold.
I would like to thank all of you.

I have learned, enjoyed so much with that car. I could meet so many 914ers and they are great friends.

Basic of automobile, engine, heat and cooling, I am living with so much knowledge wich can help me in many ways in my life.

I pray all of your happiness and safe driving.
I will honk and wave to all 914s if I see on the streets.

So long and look foward to seeing 914s!

Takeshi Ouchi
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.