Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 6 cyl clutch adjustment
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
xsurfer
I've had my car, 71 six cylinder very original in storage for a year or better. Yesterday I fired it up and drove it around town. The clutch disengaged almost at the bottom of the pedal travel. As I drove it now doesn't disengage. I've got a cd of the manual but can't find clutch adjustment. Where do you start? at the back or at the pedal.

Note. The car was fitted with a new clutch cable in Minn. before I drove it back here in 06. The car has been in the garage almost a year and change.

Thanks

Gene
So.Cal.914
At the back, the nut on mine is a 11 mm. I use a pair of channel locks to hold the cable end behind the arm and a wrench to adjust the nut. The channel locks are longer than a wrench, just makes it easier for me.
sww914
While you're under there, look at the firewall where the clutch cable feeds into the car. If there are cracks there you need to fix the firewall and the front of the clutch tube.
SirAndy
QUOTE(sww914 @ Jan 31 2009, 10:50 AM) *

While you're under there, look at the firewall where the clutch cable feeds into the car. If there are cracks there you need to fix the firewall and the front of the clutch tube.

agree.gif

Could be that the clutch tube broke lose. A common problem on our cars ...
welder.gif Andy
IronHillRestorations
Have someone push the clutch pedal while you look at the throw out fork.
If the moves some, look at the firewall where the cable comes through the boss, if it's moving at all then you've got to repair the clutch tube.

If the fork isn't moving with the pedal then the roll pin in the pedal cluster has sheared.

Funny thing about those roll pins, at the 3rd Mid-West Renegade Festival in '97 we had two cars that sheared that roll pin at the event. Another funny coincidence is they were both 6's, Glenn Stazak's #12, and Gord Luy's green 6 from Canada.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.