Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 911 front hubs
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Howie's 914
I was wondering if I can use 911 front hubs. I can not find a front suspension for my 5-lug conversion. If I can use 911 front hubs what years?

thanks
GeorgeRud
You need the entire front strut assembly. The 911 strut will bolt onto the 914 A-arm (just be sure it's the right ball joint - there were two types of attachments), and then you should be all set. I upgraded mine to 911 Carrera struts (84-89 type) to get the larger brakes, and it fits easily.

Look around, you should be able to find some struts fairly easily from the usual used parts sources. If you use some from 911SCs or later, you will also have the larger bolt spacing that allows for larger brake calipers if you wish.
RJMII
Here's a cheap solution:

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=92245

Eric_Shea
What George said.

914 spindles are too small for the 911 hubs. The 911 had a slightly beefier spindle hence the bearings etc. won't work.

Keep looking. You'll find some. If it's just 5-lug you're looking for, there are a couple 911 front ends cheap in the Sac. area on Craigslist. They are early and have expensive ball joints and solid rotors but, that would get you there for sure.

I have a set of T-Struts but they may be sold. The are $275.00 as is, w/hubs or $375.00 after they come back from the powdercoater. I believe they are sold though.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.