Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: My babys are home!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
RoadGlue
I've never had my own two car garage, so I've never had my two 914s side by side in the garage. I'm so excited! I just brought the blue '74 home tonight to join it's brother in the two car garage at my new house. We just purchased our first home and it's so nice to have both cars indoors, protected and dry. So cool! My pop and I are taping, adding texture and painting the walls this week. Will post follow up pics then. The next two projects will be to add LOTS of shelving and build a work bench (where the stacked minilites are stacked). The air compressor and table saw are there, but you can't see 'em.

That's an '82 GS450A (Suzukimatic) automatic motorcycle in the foreground. I sold my '04 Triumph 955i Daytona in '08 and replaced it with that until I can pick up a BMW 650 GS. I'll probably keep that Suzukimatic either way. smile.gif

Plan on a 914 tour / bbq here later on in the spring or early summer. We've got RV parking along side the house that leads to the back yard. I can squeeze a lot of 914s into that space!

piratenanner.gif

Yay!
mojorisen914
Congrats! I'm a jealous bastard. I'm lucky to even get 1/2 of a two car garage when I'm home.
plymouth37
Congratulations! Every man needs his cave, glad to see you are got a nice shop to work in.
roadster fan
Congrats!

Three years ago I moved my project from a storage unit to a two car "shop" at our new house, and have never been happier. It will take your enjoyment of the car/bike hobby to a whole new level.

Just walk out the door into the shop (I dont call my garage a garage so my wife doesn't confuse the space for a parking/storage area) and escape to your hobbies! Awesome!

Jim
greenie
Congratulations on the new home!

Stake your claim on the garage now! Soon enough you will have no control over any other space in the house. I get the garage & the TV remote for my efforts.
Gint
QUOTE(greenie @ Feb 1 2009, 09:23 AM) *
Congratulations on the new home!

Stake your claim on the garage now! Soon enough you will have no control over any other space in the house. I get the garage & the TV remote for my efforts.

That's good advice. Don't let the womenfolk (and tots when you get 'em) in there from day one. av-943.gif Get that established right up front.

That looks nice and roomy. But then you don't have it all full a crap yet!
BarberDave
smilie_pokal.gif

When we built 2 1/2 yrs ago I specked a 24 x30 , 2 car with a 11 ft. ceiling.

Well I was in hog heaven then, now I move in there . The wife just keeps

bringing her shit from the storage locker, YEA a storage locker 10 x 20

I let it accumulate over the winter, then hall all her stuff back in the spring.

I agree with the psychology of calling it your shop not the garage.

( wife just walked in and is suggesting that i inform you all that her stuff is

just decorations, Holloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas, New year, and Valintines

Day) she has enough crap to decorate 6 houses. Before she comes back and

beats my ass, i'll sign off . But after 43 yrs. i am still breathing. Dave slap.gif PS. ya i am P.W.
GeorgeRud
Over the years, my family has also overtaken my "cave", so I continue to ask for a 40x80 foot pole barn with a lift. I think it's the only way I can get all my toys and work space inside!

Every Christmas, when asked what I want for a gift, I keep replying "an empty closet". Unfortunately, I never seem to get one.

We all seem to be collectors no matter what we do.
greenie
Call it your shop now! Non -Negotiable !

Janet will comment on occasion " why do you need all those car parts? What are you gonna do with those?" They're just taking up space.

I don't even reply. ( married twenty eight years.) grouphug.gif

I just don't see the point in bringing to light the fact that she has 95% of the home filled up with stuff that maybe get's touched once or twice per decade.
Sleepin
Congratulations! It is a good thing to wake up in the morning and walk out to see two 914's sitting there all nice and toasty (even if one of them is perpetually up on jackstands).

Nowadays, I do need to dig through four other 914's worth of parts to get to the running one....but that isn't such a bad problem to have!
PeeGreen 914
piratenanner.gif Right on. Selling homes I love working with guys looking for their garage. I always sympathize with their goal aktion035.gif . Get that garage the way YOU want and keep it that way. beerchug.gif
jgara962
Congratulations Randy! You'll enjoy having a place to go hang out and work on your cars. At least until you have kids... biggrin.gif

Enjoy!
RoadGlue
Thanks everyone! Sylvie knows without question that the garage is my turf. She's traveled light over the years and has never been interested in collecting junk, so there's really nothing she needs to store in there. She's even said the magic words, "the garage is yours", so I think I'm home free for the time being.

On the shelving - I'd rather build than buy, and the shelving needs to start around 6' high so I don't sacrifice anymore floor space. It's tight in there with the two cars, bike and potential work bench. I'd rather have the support joist come down from a 45* angle from above the shelves down to the outer edge than hang below (again, head banging potential lessened). I have a tall step ladder, so no biggie. I've got floor to ceiling cabinets in there for the stuff that needs to be quickly accessed. *dreams, plans and wishes I had more time to build this weekend*

John, did Mark fix your CV?

Mark, I went ahead and purchased the poly bronze for Ms. Blue 914. Mr. Yellow will be in line to get a set of the roller bushings when the time comes, which will be sooner than later.
euro911
A garage with enough room to park TWO cars?

I hate you guys mad.gif

laugh.gif
rick 918-S
Congrads! aktion035.gif
jgara962
QUOTE(RoadGlue @ Feb 1 2009, 10:43 AM) *

John, did Mark fix your CV?

Yep, all fixed.
Krieger
Nice Randy! piratenanner.gif enjoy
6freak
QUOTE(RoadGlue @ Jan 31 2009, 11:19 PM) *

I've never had my own two car garage, so I've never had my two 914s side by side in the garage. I'm so excited! I just brought the blue '74 home tonight to join it's brother in the two car garage at my new house. We just purchased our first home and it's so nice to have both cars indoors, protected and dry. So cool! My pop and I are taping, adding texture and painting the walls this week. Will post follow up pics then. The next two projects will be to add LOTS of shelving and build a work bench (where the stacked minilites are stacked). The air compressor and table saw are there, but you can't see 'em.

That's an '82 GS450A (Suzukimatic) automatic motorcycle in the foreground. I sold my '04 Triumph 955i Daytona in '08 and replaced it with that until I can pick up a BMW 650 GS. I'll probably keep that Suzukimatic either way. smile.gif

Plan on a 914 tour / bbq here later on in the spring or early summer. We've got RV parking along side the house that leads to the back yard. I can squeeze a lot of 914s into that space!

piratenanner.gif

Yay!

5 lug mini lites next to the tool box ???? wanna sell
Johny Blackstain
Welcome to the club happy11.gif
RoadGlue
QUOTE(6freak @ Feb 2 2009, 07:48 AM) *

They're four lug mini lites, and no, they're not for sale. tongue.gif Get your DAMN HANDS off my stuff!!! (I'm practicing)

haha,
RoadGlue
QUOTE(Johny Blackstain @ Feb 2 2009, 08:00 AM) *

Welcome to the club happy11.gif

Sweet!
Chris Pincetich
Sweet beerchug.gif
That looks awesome. I am sooo thankful my 914 has a garage to call home. I just moved from the East Bay to Woodacre in West Marin and will no doubt drive up to Santa Rosa AXs and your BBQ this year.
RoadGlue
QUOTE(ChrisNPDrider @ Feb 2 2009, 09:24 AM) *

Sweet beerchug.gif
That looks awesome. I am sooo thankful my 914 has a garage to call home. I just moved from the East Bay to Woodacre in West Marin and will no doubt drive up to Santa Rosa AXs and your BBQ this year.

That'd be great! I don't think we've run into each other since the local WCR.

West Marin has so many awesome roads too. You're just around the corner from Lucas Valley Road, Samuel P Taylor park, Pt. Reyes... What a great location!
Richard Casto
Congrats on the new place. If you are anything like me, the garage will not stay that neat and clean for long!

Richard
euro911
QUOTE(RoadGlue @ Feb 2 2009, 08:59 AM) *

QUOTE(6freak @ Feb 2 2009, 07:48 AM) *
They're four lug mini lites, and no, they're not for sale. tongue.gif Get your DAMN HANDS off my stuff!!! (I'm practicing)
haha,

Click Here if you're looking for some 4-lug Minilites
914junkie
Click to view attachment
Congratulations on the garage Randy! We'd all like to have our dream shop but a two car garage is a good size to work in as long as it's not too cluttered and ya set it up right. I spent last summer building mine. 22'X22', 9' walls, vaulted ceiling and 4 skylights to let some daylight in. Finally finished it a few months ago. My cars finally have a new home too. Happy wrench'n! piratenanner.gif
nocones
Congrats on the garage Randy!!!
(oh, and the house too...)

piratenanner.gif
turboman808
I wish I had my own garage. I just don't want to own a house.

Now really all I need is a 4-5 car garage and then a bathroom and a kitchen. Maybe even a room off to the side with a bed and a couch if I want to get extravagant.
RoadGlue
QUOTE(nocones @ Feb 3 2009, 09:50 AM) *

Congrats on the garage Randy!!!
(oh, and the house too...)

piratenanner.gif

Come by soon! That and/or we can meet up for a brew downtown.

How's your project coming along?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.