Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT 64 356 Porsche
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
computers4kids
OK...In our local newspaper was an ad for a 64 Porsche 356. The price sounded way to good to be true...but it was local so what the heck "I'd bite."
Click to view attachment
Ad in newspaper

"1964 Porsche 356,$4850,76000 miles,manual,4 cylinder,2 door coupe,exterior:red,interior:tan,contact info: georgedemaley@gmail.com, phone:206-666-3192"

My first email:
"Hello,
I live in Visalia California and I saw your ad in the Visalia Times Delta and on the web. I would like to purchase your car today, if we could connect."

Email Reply
"Hello,

Sorry for mailing you so late!

I'm glad that you're interested in my porsche. The car is street legal and accurate. It comes with all the documents needed for registration, it has a clear title and it can be registred into your name at any time. I am willing to sell it for $4850.This buy now price does include the shipping and insurance fees. I'm located in Lincoln City, OR and the car is here as well and so this is where the car will be shipped from. I've done some research and the best and fastest way I can ship it is using Hemisphere cargo Shipping Ltd which takes between 4 to 6 days to arrive at your door (door to door handling and shipping insurance fee included). I am affiliated with Yahoo! Finance where I have a purchase protection account for $ 10,000.00. This service allows us to complete this transaction in a manner that is quick and safe for both of us. It acts as a third party between seller and buyer to insure that both parties comply to transaction requirements and provides dispute resolution and mediation between parties. Yahoo! Finance is responsible to insure that both parties comply to transaction requirements. If this is ok with you please reply with your complete name, address and shipping address in your next email and let me know if you are interested in knowing more details about this purchase so that I can open a transaction case at Yahoo! Finance and move forward with this deal.

Thank you,

Christine Demaley"

Damm...with that reply, I knew it was too good to be true. Searched the web for a few key phrases and sure enough. Scam Now to have some fun ar15.gif

My reply back
"Sounds Great Christine!
Other than email that my kids gave me, I'm kind of old school and don't understand all of these new kind of things like you are talking about. Can I just send send you cash...I could put it in a box? I would have to ask you a favor to hold onto the car until May when I could come and get it. My wife and I live in a motorhome and don't have a residence. I just happen to see your ad in the Visalia paper when we were there yesterday. We are on our way to see our kids in Florida. I could give you another 500 if you would do this for me. If you don't want cash, I think I can get a money order at the post office.

Looking forward to hearing from you,
Mark"

I can't wait until she replies back...if she does. av-943.gif
Dr Evil
Its a Nigerian. Common scam and set up.
jsayre914
blink.gif You should always send your photo ID when you send cash, the shipper upon recieving the cash can title the car for you and send it in the glove box of the car. smile.gif
JRust
Hey Lincoln City is only 45 minutes from me. Hell I'll be there with cash tommorow if she calls w00t.gif

What a bunch of crap though. I'd like to find some of these people in a dark alley with a bat poke.gif
r_towle
I would have said..."that is amazing, my brother lives in Lincoln City and he can come by this afternoon"

RIch
SirAndy
QUOTE(computers4kids @ Feb 1 2009, 08:47 AM) *

Can I just send send you cash...I could put it in a box?

av-943.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.