Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: anyone used these?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
tat2dphreak
914 Appearance and Performance ebay store

how is the quality? fit? I have a fairly decent set, but don't really like it... for one thing, it's BLACK BLACK ... like NO grey tone to it... never looks clean... also, the mats aren't really made for a 914... they don't have the cutouts for the pedals.

I plan on POR-15'ing the floor, and maybe putting down some dynamat type stuff... I fgure with all that... may as well get some nice carpet if it's cheap.

LMK what you all think.
boxstr
No I haven't. I have used the ones form Original Fit for years and they are a salt and pepper, rather than the black on black, which you are absolutely correct about the black ones always look dirty.
Original Fit cuts them to fit and they are made for the 914, price is good and they come with all of the pieces. Something like 12 or more.
MY $.02 worth
CCLINCARPETERIA
Joe Bob
Not the Amity ones....But I've used the appbiz ones.....good solid material....not CW quality or edged, but well cut....
Bleyseng
I saw the carpet sets at the Seattle Breakfast. They looked ok to me, but they are a plush.
I want to find something more like the original carpet, a nice heavy loop.

Geoff
Qarl
I think these are made by Morphenspectra (on this group). The same guy that makes the 6.5" speaker plates.
tat2dphreak
ok... the black ones are plush also I think (almost like house carpet, or a bath mat) so I probably don't want these... :|

boxstr: where can you get the original fit ones you are referring to ?
I was just trying to decide between the ones from e-bay and a set from Origional Fit Interiors. I went with the Origional Fit set, after people on the board recommended them. I just recieved the carpet and it is very good quality. I havent put in in the car yet, but it looks spot on, the color is perfect (mine is tan) and I think they will make the set to order in a variety of colors. Anyway, the quality is very good and the price was right.
tat2dphreak
Karl,
I think you are right... there ARE speaker setups... I hadn't noticed before... that's cool... have you used them?
Bleyseng
Yep, he makes the speaker sets too. They are awesome.
boxstr
Contact for Original Fit is 541-459-1700 John is the owner and he is the oine who makes the products that you receive in the mail. Tell him that Craig Laughlin from CAMP 914 says hello.
CCLINCAMP914
tat2dphreak
QUOTE(Bleyseng @ Feb 20 2004, 11:29 AM)
Yep, he makes the speaker sets too. They are awesome.

they look great... that will be a leter project for sure...
unless someone has tried these and have something bad to say... I may give them a shot... someone on the club needs to smile.gif
tat2dphreak
QUOTE(morphenspectra @ Feb 20 2004, 11:50 AM)
The carpet we use is needle punch loop. If there are no cutouts for the pedals then we made a little mistake and I forgot to cut them before I put them in the box. We have charcoal as well. I stand behind our carpets 100%. Black is hard to keep clean. We'll send samples for free.

Hiedi
914 Appearance and Performance

I think you mis understand... I don't have a carpet set from you guys... I have carpet that the PO installed (probably 5 years ago at least) and basically, it's CRAP... it looks like he bought bulk and cut it(not a bad job on the cuts) but the mats don't have pedal holes cut... and so they are pretty shitty looking.
tat2dphreak
I got the sample today... very nice, exactly what I was looking for, not too plush... perfect color IMHO also... I'll be ordering soon. I'll keep ya'll posted on the install when that happens (after por-15)
morph
my wife dosent take any critisim very well lol ar15.gif i looked in our records and new it wasnt our kit you had.there has been quite a few members who have our kit.but our feed back on ebay says it all. http://cgi2.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?...userid=amity914
we have a good standing with our customers,and even if there is a problem we fix it. i hope you like our carpet.
james
appearance & performance
tat2dphreak
I understand, and I did read the feedback (always)... my order is coming soon! thank you again for sending the sample so promptly!
tat2dphreak
I recieved my Carpet set saturday!! it looks absolutely perfect! I highly recommend the set! wub.gif

thanks morphenspectra!!! beer.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.