Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Engine Stand Adapter
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
d7n7master
Hi all,
I'm looking for an adapter that will work with my Central Machinery (read harbor freight...) engine stand. I've checked around and found some bench mounted VW Type 1,2,3 engine stands - and I could make that work - but none of of vw engine stands include type4... WTF? Is there something about a type 4 that causes it to be a red-headed-stepchild??? Then, I looked up Porsche engine stands... But I don't think their talkin' about a 914. (red-headed-stepchild)
BTW: If there are adapters available, I'd be more interested in one that has more than 2 contact points. Like 3, or a machined collar or ohhhh yeah, a machined collar. Am I repeating myself? Dreamin'???

Duct tape? givemebeer.gif
Thanx,
Gint
We have gone over this topic several times in the last couple of months. Do a search for engine stand. You'll find lots o' good stuff.
mightyohm
Don't you have to search for "engine and stand"? The search engine on here is weird.

Anyway, any type X adapter should work.

I still haven't bought a stand despite starting the last thread about them. laugh.gif
One of these days. I haven't seen any that I really liked yet.

PS: You want one with 2 contact points. This lets you take the engine case apart and put it together while it's on the stand. BIG plus.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.