Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FS: 75-76 Porsche 914 Heat Exchangers
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
Solo914
FS: 75-76 Porsche 914 Heat Exchangers

These are Heat Exchangers for 75-76. They are in ok condition and as you can see from one of the pics there is a small puncture in one of them that should be an easy fix. I also have most of the rest of the heating parts that I will through in as well. These should fit on any year Porsche 914 if you have all the heating parts and the correct exhaust to go with it. Thes are not concourse by any means but could help someone keep heating a DD.
$75 obo.

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment

Thanks,

Kyle
Solo914
Turns out I do have the Jpipes but only 1 heater branch pipe.

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment

Thanks,
Kyle
pilothyer
Kyle............I see in the new picture the two exhaust gas pipes(#28) and only one J-pipe (#26).......Do you have the 2 Branch piece to impeller clamps (#20 &21)? The branch pieces should be one contiguous part of each of the heat exchangers as shown in your original picture but need the clamps to attach to the impeller (air box) Then the two J-pipes connect to the heater fan via the plastic long tubes....some will have the passenger side J-tube closed off with a J-pipe cap. I guess this is all as "clear as mud" now so I'll find a picture and put it up...Jerry

Click to view attachment
Solo914
Jerry,
Looks like I was confused. I thought the exhaust pipes were the J-pipes, did not know that the j pipe was the pipe that went into the engine bay. I will take a look and see what other heater stuff I can find. Like most of us, I have this stuff sitting in boxes and I need to sift through it and figure out what it is. For me its a little more difficult because I have a 1.8L and can't just walk over to the car and see what I have in these boxes.

Kyle
pilothyer
Kyle.......Just take your time, I am in no rush whatsoever......when you come up with anything just let me know.........by the way the 75 -76 J-pipes are quite short when compared to other years, however the Branch piece clamps are the same for all years left and right........... Thanks....Jerry
pilothyer
QUOTE(Solo914 @ Feb 6 2009, 01:40 PM) *

Jerry,
Looks like I was confused. I thought the exhaust pipes were the J-pipes, did not know that the j pipe was the pipe that went into the engine bay. I will take a look and see what other heater stuff I can find. Like most of us, I have this stuff sitting in boxes and I need to sift through it and figure out what it is. For me its a little more difficult because I have a 1.8L and can't just walk over to the car and see what I have in these boxes.

Kyle

Kyle.....Just checking with you to see what else you came up with..Jerry
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.