Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 2.0 engine tear down question
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
BK911
I am tearing down a 2.0 and not sure what this thing is. It's a triple square, or 12 point nut. Do I need to remove it to split the case? What does it do? What size is it? I have an M12 and it's too small, so is this thing an M14? Where can I get the tool? thanks, BK

Click to view attachment
hcdmueller
Under that is the secondary oil pressure relief valve. It does not have to come out to split the case. I just used a set of vise grips to get it out because I couldn't find a large enough bit to fit there.
jhadler
Yeah, that's where the oil relief piston lives. To remove that bolt, either get the special triple square tool, or you can use a 3/8" extension. Fits perfectly, and it's what I've used a number of times and never had a problem...

-Josh2
BK911
3/8" extension? I quess I should have asked before I drove to 3 different places today looking for an M14 triple square!

Thanks guys!
r_towle
Sears and NAPA have them locally here.

Rich
BK911
Sears was the 4th place i was going to. However, the 3/8 extension popped that baby right off. Josh is the man!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.