Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: CIS 2.7 in 73 1.7 electrical
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
rsvp9146
I'm currently in the process of putting a CIS 2.7 (everything has been rebuilt, updated) inot my 73 1.7 and I was wondering if anyone out there had any info on the eaiset way to wire this thing into the factory relay board.

Im pretty decent with electrics, and im sure I can figure this out, but I'd just like to have a second opinion on it...
J P Stein
Electrical issues with engine swaps are tough questions to answer.

One area that needs to be looked at is whether your alternator (from the 2.7) has an internal voltage regulator. If so, you have no need of the relay board....or, it can be wired around. If no internal vreg, then you need the board with the external vreg.......the board can still be wired around, but you need the vreg.

When I did mine....2.7L with external vreg., I pored
over the wiring diagrams of the 911 & 914 for hours trying to figure it out.....it all worked, but I doan remember how I did it. wacko.gif ....I don't have CIS and haven't a clue about how or if that hooks up to the electrics.
TheCabinetmaker
Welcome to the board. Your vin # is the same as my member # laugh.gif . Are you evil too?
scotty
He must be, since he's using CIS wink.gif

just teasing!

If you do a search, there's a listing of the CIS pinouts of the engine harness taht you could use to match the pinouts of the relay board...HAH! Here it is...noodle down and you'll find what I know (FWIW)
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.