Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: is georgia a registration state only?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
crxnug
im buying a 914 2.0 shell in georgia and bringing it back to canada. the question i have is georgia a registration state only because the car only comes with the registration and no title, will i be able to bring the car over the border with the bill of sale, registration and also a T22B form from the georgia dvm. any info on this would be greatly appreciated
blitZ
Yes, older cars do not require titles in Georgia. I'm not sure what happens when you register in Canada. If your DMV equivalent is like ours, I'm sure it's a PITA.
dr914@autoatlanta.com
I would have the guy register the car for you first and provide a current georgia license plate and a current registration. Then you can easily turn in the registration and get a Canadian title and registration.
MDG
I bought a car off George last year and wondered the same thing; as long as you have the current GA registration then no problem.

The MTO clerk (our DMV - same amount of fun) held the piece of paper like it was radioactive and shook her head. I explained the state of Georgia did not issue "titles" until the mid '80s; before that they were optional and before that none at all.

she checked, shrugged and finally handed me my new ownership and plates.

mike

Hi George bye1.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.