Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Weber rebuild
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Winfield
Anyone out there have experience rebuilding weber carbs? I'm thinking of doing this as a winter project but have never attempted it before. My only reference so far is John Passini's book. These are 44mms. I haven't been able to find any info on line and I don't want to screw this up. Thanks in advance for any tips. confused24.gif
Eric_Shea
When I did my 40IDA's I just kept three of those heavy duty paper Chinette bowls in front of me. For you it would be two. Fairly elementary when you look at them one bowl at a time.

Get the Weber book. Amazon.
degreeoff
I agree nothing to it ...easy if you have ANY mechanical skilzzzzzzzz

Just don't take the shafts out!
Winfield
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Feb 3 2009, 05:39 PM) *

When I did my 40IDA's I just kept three of those heavy duty paper Chinette bowls in front of me. For you it would be two. Fairly elementary when you look at them one bowl at a time.

Thanks, I just went on their site. There are several to choose from. Which do you recommend? Verlon Braden's, Des Hammill or the Haynes? Or buy them all?
Ericv1
QUOTE(Winfield @ Feb 3 2009, 05:53 PM) *

QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Feb 3 2009, 05:39 PM) *

Thanks, I just went on their site. There are several to choose from. Which do you recommend? Verlon Braden's, Des Hammill or the Haynes? Or buy them all?

I have the Haynes and it came in handy. Rebuild one at a time because they're mirror images. If you forget where a piece went, look at the carb that's still together.
IronHillRestorations
Yea, don't take the butterflys off either.
bperry
I like this book. Has useful setup and tuning information too.
Weber Technical Handbook

Also, do 1 at a time so you have 1 to look at when you put it back together.
If you have the rebuild kit it is usually pretty obvious where the parts go.

Here is a set of photos that might help (assuming you have IDFs)
IDF setup

--- bill
VaccaRabite
agree.gif
The Weber Tech Book is the one that you want. It is very comprehensive, though I have found it to be kinda poorly laid out and not well indexed.

Most of the other Weber books will mention an IDF carb, but thats about it. Even the one with the picture of a bunch of IDFs on the cover (on a Chevy Small Block) only mentions them in passing (dammit!) Most of the stuff is for the sidedraw carbs and progressives. Theory will work, but won't help much for rebuilding.

Zach
maf914
I have found the Haynes Weber Manual helpful for rebuilding and tuning.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.