Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Punkin's Broke (sniff)
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Bruce Allert
well, still on dry land but dead!
Cruising along 'bout 50 thinkin, Punkin sure is running good driving.gif
then came the grinding/grating noise, a bit of engine rev & that's when I put in the clutch & engine stopped. While coasting I gingerly let the clutch out & more grinding/ grating sounds. Continued to coast & pulled off the road. Turned the key just to see what would happen. Engin turned over once then a CLUNK & (I think) seized. All done. Luckily I was 200 yds. from home & was able to have a friend tow it into the yard.
Guess this is as good a time as any to put in the 2.0, eh? Shore was lookin forward to driv'n it to JP's tomorrow.... shitdamhell headbang.gif
anyone take a guess at what happened?

...........b
davep
Sounds like when I dropped a valve.

Dave
seanery
Bruce,

That sucks!
Better today than tomorrow though.
Good luck, sorry for the bad day.
DNHunt
Bruce

Sorry to hear about Punkin. Every engine I've busted has always run best just before it let go. Glad you have the 2.0l to stuff in it. I hope the transplant works well.

Dave
mightyohm
Sure you didn't just lose a halfshaft?
scotty
Noooo!

Sucks bigtime sad.gif
boxstr
Bruce I might go out to Gresham @ 10 am tommorrow and look at a flared 14. Do you need a ride to JPs?
CCLTAXISERVICE
Bruce Allert
Hey Craig, thanks for the offer. I still have the trusty Toyota T100. I'm thinkin real hard about starting to clean up the 2.0. Almost went out to get some brake cleaner & get down & dirty but getting Fat Tire for JP's took precedence laugh.gif I'll go to the FLAPS in the morning & pick up a gallon!

.........b
Gint
Sorry Bruce!
keith
What a drag Bruce. Must of been those incorrect injectors you had in the car. Looking forward to sharing a Fat Tire with you. : beerchug.gif
mightyohm
so what was the verdict?
Bruce Allert
Don't know nut'n yet Jeff. Maybe this weekend. Want to clean up the 2.0 before I raise the car for the extrapillation! (it's another adventure in the world of 914's)

......b
keith
Hey Bruce. I got a lift if you need it. Might cost you a Fat tire or two beer.gif Just kidding It's your if you need it.

Keith
Bruce Allert
Thank you Keith, JP is letting me use his.
Speakin of JP's did I leave before you show'd up? Thought you were gonna be there. I brought lotsa Fat Tire drunk.gif

.........b
Bruce Allert
Here it is almost a month later & I just found out what killed Punkin. I took off the HE's this morning to use them on the 2.0 I wanna put in. Looking up into the exhaust ports I could see the valves.... 'cept one! sad.gif So, anyway, the mystery is oveer and I can go 'bout gettin the engine out on Sunday. Lookin forward to it beer.gif

..........b
ChrisReale
Well, at least the mystery is solved. I think you will enjoy the 2.0L smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.