Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: I received Army Dudes car yesterday
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
burton73
I received Army Dudes car on Monday and now I am going drop the engine and trans and cut out the bracing from this car with the plan to blend it the Duc’s Blue car that will be in a few days. It will take a long time but I will get rid of this body after I have pulled off the good parts.

I wanted the club members to see what I was up to and ask if they see any problems with this. I want to end up with a car with a rear floor in the trunk and it looks like I can cut and raise a section above the center of the 930 trans. with fasteners to service the box when I need to and still fit a space saver on a Fuchs (I tried it today.) I was told if I use a smaller distributor I would not need to get clearance at the front wall of the trunk. Someone in the V8 know may answer that for me if you can.

The stock 914 motor mounts look like they just had a plate welded on and I would like to know if you think that will be OK for 400HP. The pictures show the custom motor mounts set up and the welded brackets. The car came with a Ron Davis Renegade radiator. The Blue car will end up with Boxster brakes and a Carrera front end. 7” 16 Fuchs stock body that is all pained now with new black leather interior.

Thanks for your help as always,

Bob

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
Gint
Should make a great ride.

Fixed your pic attachment tags.
LarryR
Is a rear floor so necessary? That looks like a pretty sweet set up as is.

As a side note I have a set of 4 944 turbo 7" fuchs that I might be willing to sell.

Larry
Dr. Roger
that motormount plate should be plenty good as a stock mount holds 400HP with no issues.

small block motormounts, of course, will hold the engine, just like you have.

on the rear I'm not 100% sure. hopefully others will chime in.

oh, quick fix items:
single wire alternator looks like the charging wire could be a little larger gauge.
correct motormount thru bolt shortened, or the E brake cable sheathing will abrade.
brake line clips installed at rigid/flex point.

otherwise sick man. aktion035.gif
burton73
The blue car was originally a blue car and it has a premo paint job that does not need any work on the body to speak of . It has new leather seats and a new interior with a new leather dash. So this car needs nothing to speak of. Just put all the Goodness of the other car in it.

The other car has a very bad Green paint over black over sliver. No wiring and no interior. So why bother. The trunk is a good thing to have, as I want to keep it stock looking in the back and I want to keep a space saver in there. All the dirt and crap from the road will go in there without a trunk.

I have 7” fuchs thanks.

Bob

Click to view attachment

This was the car up the Camp 914 for so long
drive-ability
I'm running a 930 box and use 911 motor/trans mounts on the rear. The 914 ones won't cut it. I don't know what you paid for that, however you have some nice hardware. That will be a nice ride, I love my 930 trans, its hard as nails and shifts great!
burton73
What is your mount up front?Click to view attachmentClick to view attachment
burton73
Click to view attachment This is where it is all going

What is the story on the size of the distributor and the need to cut the trunk?
drive-ability
QUOTE(burton73 @ Feb 4 2009, 09:04 PM) *

The mount up front is basically the same as what you have.. Apparently its strong enough etc. Mine is just a plate bolted in place of the stock mounts and then bolts up to the cross member.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.