Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: finally found a clean roller
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
crxnug
Im somewhat new to 914,s and recently bought a 1973 2.0 that needs restoration. after some debating on the best course of action, buying replacement panels and the cost of rust repairs i decided to try to find a donor shell, i found a 1973 2.0 that looks pretty clean from the pics to use. i still have to go pick it up. can anyone recommend the best ( high quality) sources for parts, carpet, upholstery , im trying to restore back as original as possible , any info would be much appreciated. here are some pics of shell just purchased
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
PanelBilly
Looks pretty stripped to me. Is the electrical out too? I'd be temped to send it to the media blaster and get the surface rust blown off in one clean swep. This is also going to help you find any of the weak spots in the metal.
crxnug
yes everything is removed ,its basically a bare shell and the plan is to media blast it and do any metal work as needed, ,hell hole looks decent so i dont expect any major surprises , cant wait to start the new project and get it on the road sometime in the future driving.gif

QUOTE(PanelBilly @ Feb 3 2009, 10:14 PM) *

Looks pretty stripped to me. Is the electrical out too? I'd be temped to send it to the media blaster and get the surface rust blown off in one clean swep. This is also going to help you find any of the weak spots in the metal.

ericread
Is there some bubbling just below the battery tray?

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment

I would suspect that area as a result of the battery tray damage. You might want to attack the area with a screwdriver...

Eric Read
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.