Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FS: 2003 Volkswagen Jetta GLI VR6 for sale
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > Ads: All Other Non-914 Stuff
chunger
Hello,

Getting rid of the wife's daily driver. We picked up a low mileage GTI of similar vintage and smaller turbo engine to replace it. Posting at $6000 on the 914world. Gettin' a bit low on cash these days. . . isn't everyone?

Well optioned car:
89,000 miles on the odo
Silver
grey leather interior
in dash CD and tape player
heated seats
6 speed manual
VR6
Salvage title

We purchased this car I believe around 30,000 miles and have fed it mobile 1 and premium fuel. It drives very smoothly and is mechanically very solid. It is stock (well, with the exception of the tail light lenses which are '04 because my VW guy had them laying around, and I thought the clear signals looked nice). This car had light front end damage before we purchased it and was my VW mechanic's personal vehicle prior to us picking it up. My family has purchased lots of cars through the years from him and this particular VW has treated us very well for the last 60,000 miles.

cosmetically, the car is decent, but by no means perfect and has paint chips on the front hood. Just smogged yesterday, and this car is ready to go. these photos are not retouched, and I snapped them last night. You can see the chips on the front hood and scrape on the bumper on these.

IPB Image

IPB Image
Gint
I'd love to help, but I'm kinda in a similar boat and the last thing I need is another car.

But I gotta say...

...those are damn cool pics! Did you take those yourself?
chunger
QUOTE(Gint @ Feb 4 2009, 02:29 PM) *

I'd love to help, but I'm kinda in a similar boat and the last thing I need is another car.

But I gotta say...

...those are damn cool pics! Did you take those yourself?

Well, hoping someone out there needs another car smile.gif I was bummed because I wanted to take a picture at dusk, but I was smogging the car and washing it, and then, it was black outside.

This was my first attempt to light a car with strobes, and I have a looong way to go compared to the real pros, but I'm glad I got something decent. Certainly good enough for a craigslist ad. I'm game for practicing on other more meaningful cars. . . no guarantees of success though.
EdwardBlume
Hey Chunger! Hope you are doing well!

Rob
chunger
QUOTE(Rob Ways @ Feb 4 2009, 03:10 PM) *

Rob

Hey Rob,

How goes life post-school? Heard you were racing again.
EdwardBlume
Life post grad school is fine thanks. Spending time with the kids is worthwhile and fun. In my free time, I've been tinkering with a 2.0 engine that needs to be rebuilt. Our racing program depends on the budget this year... we'll see.

Take care!

QUOTE(chunger @ Feb 4 2009, 03:20 PM) *

QUOTE(Rob Ways @ Feb 4 2009, 03:10 PM) *

Rob

Hey Rob,

How goes life post-school? Heard you were racing again.

orange914
i may be interested, i haven't posted it, but kenny flipped his D.D.civic sat. he didn't even get a scratch but was he UPSET(and myself, his mom and brother). thank god for looking out for him.

what was your m.p.g.?

mike
orange914
what options does it have? are there any noticable or known problems related to the salvaged title (or not)?

mike
chunger
QUOTE(orange914 @ Feb 11 2009, 08:25 PM) *

what options does it have? are there any noticable or known problems related to the salvaged title (or not)?

mike

Hello,

This is not the TDI motor. The engine is VW's a 2.8 liter VR6. It is a 4 valve per cylinder variable timing motor 200 hp @ 6200 RPM and 181 ft. lbs at 3600 RPM. . . and pretty torquey throughout. The 6 speed manual transmission it's hooked up to is fun as well. The car is fun in a straight line and drives very quiet and smooth (sortof luxury-ish), but is not a light car and doesn't corner nearly as well as say, a 914 smile.gif

We averaged around 22 mpg on this car, and it gets about 26 when doing highway miles on a road trip, so I wouldn't call it an economy car. One of the reasons we switched over to our current car (1.8 turbo GTI) is better fuel economy when on the highway.

Salvaged title means this car was written off as a total loss by insurance. This particular car was in a minor front end crash. Radiator, bumper, hood, and a fender were replaced. We purchased it at 30,000 miles. There are salvaged title vehicles that have been mauled and ones that were never crashed. This one was lightly damaged. In our experience, this car has been mechanically sound and although we've had to perform routine maintenance on some wear items like water pump, CV boot, a water hose, etc.

At any rate, come take a look and take it for a spin if you're interested. I'm in the East Bay near Berkeley.
chunger
options:

Heated leather seats
electric windows
moon roof
manually adjusted seats
in-dash CD and tape player
leather steering wheel
A/C
standard VW power locks and alarm w/ 2 keys/remotes and 1 standard key
17" rims which make for expensive tires.

Can't think of anything else off the top of my head.
orange914
thanks, sounds really nice but i'll have to pass, we are focused on a less powerful vehicle. nice photography

mike
chunger
bump for the price drop $6000
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.