Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Green 914-6 On Ebay
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
The six has been on ebay for a long time now,and never no bidders.Anything wrong with it ??
boxstr
If you post a link you will get some replies.
CCLINEBAY6
Gustl
I bet he's talking about this one: 270339950425

it's up for auction the 11th time since November 2008

I'm also wondering what's wrong with this car idea.gif

bye1.gif Gustl
Gint
I knew which car we were talking about by the description (green on ebay for the upteenth time).

Has anyone asked the seller why this car can't seem to sell? I have to admit I'm curious now also.
Cairo94507
It just seems to me (not that I know anything about it) that the price is just a little high for the condition of the car. I see this car as a sub-20K car. I have actually considered this car, I like the Irish Green color (had one before) but for what I want to do this would be more than I would spend. Additionally, the economy is certainly not helping these cars sell at present. Hope it finds a nice home though.
race914
Los Altos is close to Rich Bontempi's High Performance House if anyone is serious and wants the owner to take it in for a PPI.
rhodyguy
setting the opening bid at $22k is the wrong move in my book. he should set his reserve and let the bidding come to him. if the reserve isn't reached, there's no foul and his car is safe.

k
Joe Bob
Yeah....it's an 18K car. Needs some clean up and other items. It's a "7".
PanelBilly
Take a look at some of the car prices in Excellence this month in the "SOLD" section. Prices are dropping and I think they'll fall some more. I think the folks who have cash to spend are sitting on their money waiting for everything to drop some more. Not a good time to sell a car.
GTeener
Looks like a clean car for original but ya, the price is high. Then again, original 6's are more rare...
carreraguy
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Feb 5 2009, 07:47 AM) *

setting the opening bid at $22k is the wrong move in my book. he should set his reserve and let the bidding come to him. if the reserve isn't reached, there's no foul and his car is safe.

k

agree.gif
Seller should have started at the typical $9146 and likely lower the reserve a little. Tough market nowadays regardless; in hindsight he's probably kicking himself for not unloading it before last September. Definitely a buyer's market today. All depends on how motivated he is to sell and apparently he's not that motivated. biggrin.gif
GTeener
QUOTE(carreraguy @ Feb 5 2009, 11:43 AM) *

Definitely a buyer's market today. All depends on how motivated he is to sell and apparently he's not that motivated. biggrin.gif

Apparently. And why should he just give it away? It can sit in a garage indefinitely biggrin.gif
carr914
The guy doesn't know how to eBay. Sets his intial price too high. Only has 1 feedback and that was for another 914-6 (white I believe). He's had this so long he should do some of the repairs which left undone make his car worth less than his asking price. And just putting it back on eBay again and again and again, makes anybody that has a remote interest back off.

T.C.
LarryR
22K does not seem so high to me confused24.gif but I agree that I would not buy from a 1 feedback seller on a high ticket item like that.

I am seeing cheap prices on a lot of early porsches at the moment. long hood 911's and 912's have settled down a bit too. There for a while driver quality 912s were bringing 13K ... now I have watched a few sell in the 7k range...

914/6 is rare enough I would not expect to see a huge price drop...
carr914
$22k is not that high, but the car has dings, tears in the seats and $4k worth of repairs that Need to be done. What else has to be done.

I have seen a few Six's go in the @20ks lately - down from upper 30s-low40s a year ago. I don't think you will see them go lower.

T.C.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.