Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: new wiper blades are too long
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
siverson
Hmmm... The wiper blades on my car are too long (overlap the chrome about 1/4" this can't be right), so ordered new ones from Pelicanparts. Same thing - 13" blades. That's strange?

They work, but it doesn't look right to me. What's the stock length?

-Steve
siverson
This will be the first time in about 10 years I've had wipers on the car. I'm trying to make it more "car" like smile.gif (no stickers, wipers, maybe even normal seat belts...)
SGB
I believe 13" is correct. By sticking over the side a little on the driver's side, Porsche was able to get a higher sweep.
eg914
According to one of the manuals the lowest position of the wiper arm should be adjusted to prevent the wiper from rubbing the trim around the windshield. The higher arm is supposed to be something like 2" from the lower are when parked. Just loosen the nut at the base of the arm, rotate, and tighten. Otherwise your trim will get wear marks on it.
siverson
I'm starting to remember why I took the wipers off in the first place. smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.