Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Need 1.8 stock engine pictures
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
michaelmoo
I need to get pictures of a 1.8 L-Jet engine to see the location of the Aux. Air Regulator and the Decel Valve and there mounting locations.

Thanks,
Mike
type47
i'll look for pix but until then, i'll tell you the decel (at least on mine which is stock 74) is located on the passenger side of the engine compartment on the side wall under the hinge and the aux air is under the phlenum on a screw that holds the cooling tin to the case.
michaelmoo
Thanks. No wonder i couldn't find it. I was looking at the tin (engine is out) and couldn't find a location to mount the decel valve. I thought the aux air went under there. Should be on the 1/2 side of the engine, correct?

Pictures would still be great.
zonedoubt
QUOTE(michaelmoo @ Feb 6 2009, 07:39 AM) *

Thanks. No wonder i couldn't find it. I was looking at the tin (engine is out) and couldn't find a location to mount the decel valve. I thought the aux air went under there. Should be on the 1/2 side of the engine, correct?

Pictures would still be great.

I posted some here: http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...4&hl=engine

The search function is your friend. type.gif
zx-niner
Here are a couple of pictures from my 1974 1.8. Despite the well worn look, the engine ran sweetly and I think it was totally stock.

Decel Valve: Click to view attachment

Aux air regulator: Click to view attachment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.