Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT - Foot switch at a local brick-n-mortar retailer
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Gint
As stated in subject. Anyone know a brick and mortar retailer that I can walk into and buy a 120v, 15amp, grounded foot switch? I don't want to run my shop vac on the blast cabinet full time. It would be nice to not have to remove my hands from the cabinet to turn the vac on and off. I'll order one Monday and have it shipped if I have to, but I'd love to go pick one up tomorrow and get right to work.

Something like this: http://eagleamerica.com/product.asp_Q_pn_E_421-0600
Wilhelm
Call before you go to see if in stock: Foot controlled power switch... type momentary or this: Not so momentary Despite having a patriotic Eagle on the Eagle brand, they are all probably from the same supplier.
Gint
Cool thanks. I spent almost an hour going through the local HF last weekend (just 'cause I hadn't in a while) and didn't find one. I didn't think they had them but I also didn't look in the online catalog.
ArtechnikA
QUOTE(Gint @ Feb 7 2009, 11:19 AM) *

As stated in subject. Anyone know a brick and mortar retailer that I can walk into and buy a 120v, 15amp, grounded foot switch?...

I'd start at Grainger...
Gint
Grainger local outlets don't retail... not around here anyway. That was my experience the last time I tried it.

HF will work. I just called and they have them in stock. Damn I couldn't find it last week to save my life.
Cap'n Krusty
HF? Wear safety gear and thick rubber soled shoes when operating that switch. Friends don't let friends shop at HF ............. The Cap'n
70Sixter
I've got one for Christmas tree lights, but it isn't grounded.

You could use a power strip if yore feets ain't too big.
r_towle
I dont like foot switches...they collect debris and short out quickly...life span of maybe a year.

Look at the knee switches.
Its a standard switch, like a light switch, but a large paddle goes over it so you can operate it with your knee...made for table saws and large table tools...
Easier to keep clean and are very safe to use.

Rich
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.