Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Washer for ball joints?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
astronomerdave
I'm replacing the ball joints on my '72 4 cyl. The original BJs had a washer on top, between the BJ and the strut. I ordered a new set from Pelican (901-341-049-00-M69) but it didn't come with any washer, nor is there one listed on their site. If you look at their full catalog then there isn't even a washer shown in the diagram. However, my Haynes manual shows the washer I removed (and damaged upon removal), as item 41 in Fig.7.2.

So, where can I find this washer if it's not listed at Pelican? What if I didn't use it? The ID of the washer that was there just fit snugly around the post of the BJ, so it might be tough to find a non-specific replacement.

Thanks,

Dave
914Sixer
As far as I remember it is just a common wave washer. Nothing special. Maybe someone else will reply and help us out here.
Cap'n Krusty
QUOTE(914Sixer @ Feb 7 2009, 06:08 PM) *

As far as I remember it is just a common wave washer. Nothing special. Maybe someone else will reply and help us out here.

No washer. The Cap'n
craig downs
Another one from So Cal welcome.png
914Sixer
In book 4 of the factory manual on page 2.1-1.1 has the washer. On page 233 in the Lash repair manual it shows a flat washer. In the Haynes manual on page 100 it shows one. Page 75 of the Drake has one. Factory Parts book shows part # 901.341.659.00 (base)
astronomerdave
Glenn Sager at Pelican checked the Porsche parts software which says that washer was only used up through the 1972 model year and that it's no longer available.

By the way, it wasn't a standard washer, like from a hardware store; it's very thin (maybe 1 mm).
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.