Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: I'm a DADDY!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
dagdal1967
beerchug.gif

Drinks all 'round! .. I've just purchased my first 914!! A 1973 1.7L Beauty..

Now All i have to do is get back from the UK to the US and be able to drive it....

But my first drive will be a road trip from DesMoines to Dallas TX.. WOO HOOOO!!! mueba.gif
Bruce Allert
ohmy.gif Hey! that loks like mine. (73 1.7) I better run out to the shop to see how you got in (& see if my junk yard dog is still alive) biggrin.gif
beerchug.gif Welcome to our world!
bruce
Dave Cawdrey
Welcome driving.gif I too, own a 73 1.7L soon to be a 2L. Enjoy!
Jeroen
Hey man,

Congrats!!!

cheers,

Jeroen
seanery
Congrats!

Welcome to the fun & frustrating world of 914's!!
dagdal1967
Thanks guys,

Once I get back to the US and pick the little beauty up, I'm sure you'll be hearing a lot more from me...

I'm really looking forward to it! :-D

Doug
scottb
congratulations!

i bought my 73 2.0L in january only to have it sit in the garage while i watched it snow. then the first real drive was a 450 mile trip to bring ti to storage in another state! and then it started snowing up here in mass! damn it! owned the thing for 3 months and only have 450 miles on it! but spring is almost here! warming up finally. no snow today, but it is raining like friggin' fiend!!!! :finger2:

ok, enough of my rant. beer3.gif

welcome to your new home away from home! aktion035.gif
Brad Roberts
Doug,

Nice car. Dallas is full of 914 people like Rich Johnson, Ed+Jan Mayo, Mark Hanna, Richard Fisher, Wes Hildreth, just to name a few. You wont have any trouble finding things to do with your 914 in Big D.

B
dagdal1967
Thanks Brad...

Good to know that There are loads of people in Dallas I can meet up with ... And ask questions of!

Any of the Dallas crew on here, please drop me a note, would love to get chatting to you!

Doug
Lawrence
Was this the car in the Des Moines classifieds? I think I remember seeing that a few 4th of Julys ago... looked pretty clean.
dagdal1967
Lawrence,

Yeah, it was probably in the classifieds.. Its definately a DesMoines car.. The lady that owned her, had her for a few years.. She's moving to Arizona and didn't want to take it with her.. Hmmm Ya gotta wonder about some people.. Oh well..... Her loss/My gain!

It is an EXTREMELY clean car. All the standard things are clear. There is a bit of cosmetics to be taken care of, but nothing very serious. I'm very lucky to have found such a clean car so near to where my brother (a shit hot mechanice - retired) is so he could give it the once over.

Looking forward to getting home to drive her.. driving.gif

Cheers.

Doug
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.