Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 9:14 Bay Area Breakfast Feb. 28
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
hydroliftin
I know Dave Darling usually sets these up, but I wanted to propose a little change. I figured we could work three activities into a Saturday morning Feb. 28th and still have time left over for the usual weekend duties. You can just show up for those activities that interest you.

First for those who want to work on their golf game, meet at 7:30 AM at Country Drives Driving Range at 3200 Andrade Rd, Sunol, CA 94586 and hit a bucket of balls. Click here for details. It's located just off Hwy 680 on Andrade Rd. This is just before the Sunol Grade if you are headed South, or just after you get over the grade if you are headed North. After getting off the highway, head toward the hills (East). It's about a 1/4 mile down on the left just after the gas station.

Second, for those who don't want to work on their golf game, meet at the Country Drives Driving Range (details above) at 8:00 AM for a scenic drive on Calveras Rd. This is a nice little 45 minute drive Click here for route.

Third, for those who just want to eat, meet at Flames Restaurant in Milpitas at 9:14 AM. Flames is located at 1191 E Calaveras Blvd, Milpitas, CA 95035 Which is just off of Hwy. 680. Details click here. From 680, take the Calaveras Blvd. exit and head toward the hills (East). Make a U-Turn at the first stop light and pull into the parking lot for Flames.

underthetire
QUOTE(hydroliftin @ Feb 8 2009, 02:34 PM) *

I know Dave Darling usually sets these up, but I wanted to propose a little change. I figured we could work three activities into a Saturday morning Feb. 28th and still have time left over for the usual weekend duties. You can just show up for those activities that interest you.

First for those who want to work on their golf game, meet at 7:30 AM at Country Drives Driving Range at 3200 Andrade Rd, Sunol, CA 94586 and hit a bucket of balls. Click here for details. It's located just off Hwy 680 on Andrade Rd. This is just before the Sunol Grade if you are headed South, or just after you get over the grade if you are headed North. After getting off the highway, head toward the hills (East). It's about a 1/4 mile down on the left just after the gas station.

Second, for those who don't want to work on their golf game, meet at the Country Drives Driving Range (details above) at 8:00 AM for a scenic drive on Calveras Rd. This is a nice little 45 minute drive Click here for route.

Third, for those who just want to eat, meet at Flames Restaurant in Milpitas at 9:14 AM. Flames is located at 1191 E Calaveras Blvd, Milpitas, CA 95035 Which is just off of Hwy. 680. Details click here. From 680, take the Calaveras Blvd. exit and head toward the hills (East). Make a U-Turn at the first stop light and pull into the parking lot for Flames.

If its not raining, i'll try to be there.
Dave_Darling
Cool! smile.gif I usually wind up setting them up because nobody else calls 'em first. This sounds fun, and now we actually have plenty of notice about it!!

--DD
bfrymire
QUOTE(hydroliftin @ Feb 8 2009, 02:34 PM) *

Hello,

Great to see someone helping out on this! I hope to have at least one of my 914's ready for this. We'll see.

Quick comment. Parking lot is not very big at the Flames... Too bad we couldn't do something at the Great Mall. (HUGE parking lot.)

-- brett
hydroliftin
QUOTE(bfrymire @ Feb 8 2009, 08:14 PM) *

Hello,

Great to see someone helping out on this! I hope to have at least one of my 914's ready for this. We'll see.

Quick comment. Parking lot is not very big at the Flames... Too bad we couldn't do something at the Great Mall. (HUGE parking lot.)

-- brett

Brett,

True, the lot is not that big, but I have scoped it out a few Saturdays and it is not that bad. I suggest we not try to park right in front of the coffee shop. There are plenty of shops in that stirp mall that are not open or seem to get little business on the week end.
roadster fan
Sweet! I really need to work on the golf game! Anyone else from Santa Cruz area want to make the run?

Jim
scrz914
Sweet! I really need to work on the golf game! Anyone else from Santa Cruz area want to make the run?

I would, but I don't think I'll have the hell hole repair done in time.
BTW, they're building an IHOP here, we'll have to invite folks down here for a breakfast. Not sure when it's slated to open though.

Tony

hydroliftin
The 914 Breakfast is still on. The current forcast is for cloudy with no rain, so the drive on Calveras Rd. should be fun. So who's up for it?
bfrymire
QUOTE(hydroliftin @ Feb 24 2009, 02:57 PM) *

The 914 Breakfast is still on. The current forcast is for cloudy with no rain, so the drive on Calveras Rd. should be fun. So who's up for it?

Should be able to make to Flames.

I am not sure which car, I can bring. Both are running. What a concept...

-- brett
roadster fan
Crap I forgot about this. Gotta change the oil and adjust the valves before then! Well at least I will have an excuse for slicing it, had to wrench instead.

Tony, did you get the hell hole fixed? Oh, and where is the IHOP going in at?

Jim
hydroliftin
QUOTE(roadster fan @ Feb 25 2009, 05:20 AM) *

Crap I forgot about this. Gotta change the oil and adjust the valves before then! Well at least I will have an excuse for slicing it, had to wrench instead.

Tony, did you get the hell hole fixed? Oh, and where is the IHOP going in at?

Jim

Spending time on the driving range is optional. They have a nice parking lot right near the freeway, and I figured I may as well hit a few while waiting for folks to show up. Hope to see you there. Weather should be okay.
carreraguy
I'm planning on making the "eat" portion since that's what I do best! biggrin.gif
toon1
This one sounds like fun, wish I could make it. Maybe next time.
underthetire
I really wanted to be there. It rains in my car as much as it does outside. We just can't seem to catch a break for the weekends!
bfrymire
QUOTE(hydroliftin @ Feb 24 2009, 02:57 PM) *

Do you have a count of who's going to be there?

-- brett
zeezee
Sounds fun, but I'll be fixing my transmission sad.gif
Really hoping I can meetup with some local 914ers soon!
roadster fan
Death in the family precludes me from being there I will be in Virginia till Wednesday. Hope to see you all next month.

Jim
hydroliftin
QUOTE(roadster fan @ Feb 26 2009, 02:04 PM) *

Death in the family precludes me from being there I will be in Virginia till Wednesday. Hope to see you all next month.

Jim

Jim, I'm sorry to hear of your loss. Our prayers are with you.

Underthe tire -- I understand the rain issue, but right now it looks like we will get a break. Show up in a Toyota if you must. <EDIT> latest forecast is for 70 degree weather. Roads are dry. 2/27/09

Brett -- I don't really know at this point who might show. It sounds like more people are up for breakfast than for the drive. I plan on making the drive even if I am the only one. If it rains, that may be a different story, but so far it looks like a go. <EDIT> It's not going to rain!

zeezee -- Hope you get that transmission fixed. You are welcome to join us even if the 914 has to stay home.
hydroliftin
One last bump. It's not going to rain, so if you want a little drive in your 914 get your fix tomorrow!
bfrymire
QUOTE(hydroliftin @ Feb 27 2009, 08:01 AM) *

One last bump. It's not going to rain, so if you want a little drive in your 914 get your fix tomorrow!

I am planning on being there. In my beater... (yellow 914.) The white one has hoosiers on it... too lazy to change the tires.

-- brett
bfrymire
Great seeing you guys again.

Thanks for organizing this.

-- brett
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.