Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Now all the parts are the same shade of blue
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
PanelBilly
Saturday was a long day, but we got everything painted and cleared. The area under the roll bar and inside the sails needs the clear sanded and reshot. We just couldn't get a smooth coat in that area by reaching over the side of the car. My plan is to get them sanded back to the color coat and respray them while standing in the engine bay. Not a big job at this point.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

We went with a little darker color and I like it better. I may be off from the Gulf Blue I originally was after, but That doesn't matter at this point. You can see from the two photos that the color looks different when its out in the sunlight (if that's what you call the stuff outside in Seattle). The natural light makes it look closer to powder blue.
maf914
Very nice! I like the color. Can't wait to see a complete car.

These complete restos make me want one too! laugh.gif
So.Cal.914
smile.gif

Click to view attachment
sixnotfour
popcorn[1].gif
Todd Enlund
QUOTE(PanelBilly @ Feb 9 2009, 11:34 AM) *

We went with a little darker color and I like it better. I may be off from the Gulf Blue I originally was after, but That doesn't matter at this point. You can see from the two photos that the color looks different when its out in the sunlight (if that's what you call the stuff outside in Seattle). The natural light makes it look closer to powder blue.

That looks great! I like the color much better than your first attempt.
So.Cal.914
Jeff, where did you get that badge? drooley.gif My 74 6-conv will be like the PS pic I did above.
siverson
Sweet!
PanelBilly
No badges for me. I did leave the holes in the rear for the 914/6 emblem.
sixnotfour
I was gonna say I tried to get Billy to bite on it before....anyway here is the link for paul.
http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?s=&...t&p=1128756
Gint
drooley.gif Nice!
jc914
Nice work smilie_pokal.gif
seanery
I really like this color! You know, with good chrome and some nice wheels, I may be rethinking Whitey's color!
charliew
Since it's already been color sanded once this time it will be even more smoother and probably the paint will hold up better after that many coats. Are you going to add any rock shield to the front of the rear fenders?
rjames
Damn, that's purty. pray.gif smilie_pokal.gif
pete-stevers
lookin mighty fine!!
Kargeek
Nice Job!

Next time anyone paints a complete shell, paint the outer panels first, That's right-paint the outer panels, jams, fenders, hood and trunk, doors. Go ahead and clear, then mask of the outside panels as it's easier to do- then go after the back side of the hood and trunk, doors, trunks, engine lid and under the roll bar- The final is the bottom pan and inside fenders.

This leave the least amount of overspray on the interior parts and jams that you have to deal with and your focus is on wet sanding and polishing the outside panels.

DH
Spoke
Wow. Can't wait to see it put together. I forgot, are you going with the Gulf livery or keeping it all blue? Both will look nice. Great job and thanks for the pics.
RiqueMar
That's an awesome color, reminds me of the Throwback Jersey's for the Chargers, just really, really cool!
PanelBilly
I may do a little pin stripping in orange in just a few places but I'm not after the racer look, just a street car.

Re: Rock protection, I'm going to have selected areas of the bottom coated with bed liner. I've got a neighbor who runs one of these shops and he'll do it for the right price. I want to get it cut and buffed first. I think I'll do the underside less the areas where something is mounted and the firewall on the engine side.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.