Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: In tank filter screen
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
championgt1
I was at my local VW shop today getting a few things and they also had a in tank filter screen that he said was for vw's but would also fit a 914. I have a good used one at home but thought what the hell, I might as well pick up a new one. When I got home I compared it to the old one and it looks like it is about an inch taller. Question is, will this be ok?

Click to view attachment
Gint
Why not. The gas won't care. I have one that's similar and it's going in the restored 914/6 tank.
championgt1
That's what I was looking for.

Thanks Gint! smile.gif
tod914
Did you manage to find the correct washer/gasket for it? If so where?

Thanks
hcdmueller
I remember seeing those gaskets/washers on a bus parts site. I can't remember where right now. I will search through my links.
slow914
It's a magnum, is someone feeling a bit deficient???
tod914
Poked around some old threads, I seen busdepot had one for the screen. I ordered a bunch, I'll post when they come in.
sixaddict
Just ordered two today from AA...anout 7 bucks. TOT
ssstikircr
The larger the filter screen the more surface area. The extra surface area will make it that much harder to clog the line.
championgt1
QUOTE(tod914 @ Feb 10 2009, 08:08 AM) *

Poked around some old threads, I seen busdepot had one for the screen. I ordered a bunch, I'll post when they come in.

Let us know when you do. I am curious about how they fit. If they seem good I will probably also get some. beerchug.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.