Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fresh air box screen.
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
championgt1
When the previous owner of my car had it repainted they put a nice coat of Olympic blue over the black screen. Can this just be sanded down and painted? If so, is there a certain type of paint that will not harm the plastic?
r_towle
Dupont Krylon....made for plastic.

Rich
championgt1
Cool. Can I just sand the old paint off then paint?
GaroldShaffer
Chances are the paint will just flake off. The last one I removed from a parts car looked like that and I just put in the sand blast cabinet and hit it a few times and it cleaned right up. No need to repaint.
Gint
agree.gif Looks like a fine candidate for soda blasting. And then leave it unpainted in it's natural black as was originally intended.
Bartlett 914
QUOTE(Gint @ Feb 10 2009, 06:20 AM) *

agree.gif Looks like a fine candidate for soda blasting. And then leave it unpainted in it's natural black as was originally intended.

Good Idea on the soda blasting on plastic.

Garold, maybe this would work on the painted white headlight surrounds you had!
rick 918-S
My car didn't have a screen over the fresh air box, so when I installed it I pul a vinyl screen over the top. I have since painted the car a couple times. If you watch the video listed in my signature space at the bottom of this post, you will see how to mask this in the furture. slip the tape in sticky side up. shades.gif
Gint
QUOTE(Bartlett 914 @ Feb 10 2009, 10:29 AM) *
Garold, maybe this would work on the painted white headlight surrounds you had!

ooooowww..... idea.gif I hadn't even thought about that yet!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.