Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Painting my 71
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
slow914
I have a 914, bought it for cheap two summers ago. As that winter was approaching the roll pin in the tail section of the tranny broke, unable to throw a bolt in and limp it home I decided to repair the hell hole and during the next 6 months I ended up with a parts car whose 1.7 I swapped in after the rust repair plus did the trunk while I was there. I drove the car last summer and loved the hell out of it, you may have seen it at the WCR 08. Here are a few pictures from that period

IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image

I am now operating on a deadline, I want to drive this car to WCR 09, But I have just started with what will be a bare metal paint job including front trunk, hopefully I will find time to throw suspension shit on it and if I get really ahead of schedule Id like to do the floors too, we shall see.

Really I am just sick of water hitting me in the face while I drive on the freeway in the rain, of my leg being soaked by more than 20 minutes of driving in the rain.

Three weekends ago I tore the front end down

IPB Image

I finally got back to it this weekend and laid out my spare parts put the worst on the car and got the rest ready to prep

IPB Image

You can follow along at home at THIS PHOTOBUCKET PAGE I should be updating this every weekend if not please feel free to bitch me out, chair.gif , whatever. Please ask whatever questions you like, leave all criticism, encouragement, comments, whatever right here.

Nick
cwpeden
You will be returning it to Signal Orange......right? aktion035.gif
Dr. Roger
Great work. beerchug.gif

popcorn[1].gif
slow914
QUOTE(cwpeden @ Feb 9 2009, 11:28 PM) *

You will be returning it to Signal Orange......right? aktion035.gif

We are going to be doing something a little different blink.gif

IPB Image
cwpeden
Metallic Chocolate huh.gif

happy11.gif
slow914
Something like that haha, hell I dont even know yet happy11.gif
PeeGreen 914
aktion035.gif I look forward to seeing your wizardry beerchug.gif
cwpeden
I've seen a Milk Chocolate with White stripes and wheels. It looked pretty.
6freak

why did you go back to a four lug ....WCR08 pix show 5lug paint shop pix shows 4???? or did i miss something
slow914
QUOTE(6freak @ Feb 10 2009, 06:51 AM) *

why did you go back to a four lug ....WCR08 pix show 5lug paint shop pix shows 4???? or did i miss something

I got both aaron.gif

Drilled hubs
PanelBilly
Can't wait to see that color on the outside. I know alot of these folks only go with factory colors, but something different is fun.

Hey, if you want to make sure the car takes a few years longer, bring it by my shop and let me help you work on it. Then you can reschedule for WCR2012!

ssstikircr
looks GREAT so far n it will be a cool color .... don't be afraid to be different! aktion035.gif
greenie
Excellent ! You now have the right motivation with the May deadline.

My advice is to fix the dent in the door before you paint it. poke.gif

Those BBS wheels would look great with the Chocolate color, I'm sure with your connections this will be a great looking car!
pete-stevers
that trunk looks great! keep us posted!!
slow914
QUOTE(PanelBilly @ Feb 10 2009, 10:10 AM) *

Can't wait to see that color on the outside. I know alot of these folks only go with factory colors, but something different is fun.

Hey, if you want to make sure the car takes a few years longer, bring it by my shop and let me help you work on it. Then you can reschedule for WCR2012!

I've seen it outside and it might be a bit outrageous, thinking of going with a finer flake.

And if you want to get your car done now tow it to my shop and we will get her on the ground in no time biggrin.gif

QUOTE(greenie @ Feb 10 2009, 05:44 PM) *

Excellent ! You now have the right motivation with the May deadline.

My advice is to fix the dent in the door before you paint it. poke.gif

Those BBS wheels would look great with the Chocolate color, I'm sure with your connections this will be a great looking car!

Thanks for the advice "one door bar Kurt", as it happens that door isnt even fit for the car, got a nice rust free spare that must have fallen from heaven that will be thrown on

And thanks for all the comments. I plan to do at least a few trick things, but every idea I run by the co-workers usually gets meet with blank stares of horror, and everything universally awesome is played out/waaayyyy out of budget

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.