Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: ? custom hydraulic lines made ?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
drive-ability
I"M working on a project and need a power steering line made. I'm in south Orange County Ca.
Does anyone know where I can have this made. I have the ends, just need the hose crimped in place... driving.gif
roadster fan
Look for a forklift or heavy equipment shop, they can do what you need.

Jim
Wilhelm
My local NAPA, and thus I suspect yours, crimps hydraulic lines and has a fair bit of fittings to boot.
736conver
QUOTE(Wilhelm @ Feb 10 2009, 03:47 PM) *

My local NAPA, and thus I suspect yours, crimps hydraulic lines and has a fair bit of fittings to boot.

Mine use to, but has stopped doing them.
andys
QUOTE(736conver @ Feb 10 2009, 01:55 PM) *

NAPA here in Santa Clarita has all the hoses, fittings, and does the crimping. Call around to NAPA stores in your area.

Andys
Wes V
QUOTE(andys @ Feb 10 2009, 02:08 PM) *

QUOTE(736conver @ Feb 10 2009, 01:55 PM) *

NAPA here in Santa Clarita has all the hoses, fittings, and does the crimping. Call around to NAPA stores in your area.

Andys

First off, contact Baker Precision (long beach area)
http://www.bakerprecision.com/

If they can't do it, go to Orme Brothers (in the San Fernando Valley)
http://www.ormebrothers.com/

(actually, Orme Brothers would be my first recommendation, but they are farther from you)

Wes Vann

drive-ability
I called my local napa store and they don't do P/S hose anymore, however they did get me in contact with someone who can build one.
Thank you guys for the advise, this driving.gif power steering project is an interesting one.
anderssj
Hi,

Just went through this on our V8-powered Volvo wagon (long story in itself) . . .

I found a parker hydraulic hose dealer in the yellow pages. They were able to fabricate a hose for me in about 10 minutes. Hose is rated to 3000 psi. It has a 10mm compression fitting for the Volvo banjo fitting (rack end), and 3/8" compression fitting for the Ford CII pump fitting. I think it cost around 25 bucks . . . .

Hope this helps,

Steve A-
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.