Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What's SUPPOSED to be under the pedal board?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
mpoffers
I took the comments about snapped clutch and throttle cables seriously and got myself a pedal board with stops. I dropped it in place without too much trouble. The left hand mount looks right, but there's nothing behind the right side mount. There's a hole in the pedal board with a cupped washer and screw, but nothing to thread the screw into. What's missing?

Click to view attachment

So.Cal.914
I believe it's on your missing tunnel inspection plate.
PeeGreen 914
Yes, and a circular washer that fits in that hole where you then attack the pedal board to the tunnel cover.
SirAndy
Ayupp, there's a special cover that goes over the hole in the center tunnel. It has a raised plate with a nut welded to it where you bolt down the pedal board.

You'll need that special washer too which perfectly seats into the recess in the pedal board ...
bye1.gif Andy
SirAndy
From the PET, you'll need:

#18, #19, #20 plus the bracket and bolt on the pedal board ...

popcorn[1].gif Andy

PS: NOTE: That plate is different from early to late model cars, cutoff is around late '72 to early '73 ...
mpoffers
Thanks guys. Looks like I'll need to keep my eyes open for a tunnel inspection plate. I have the round washer and bolt already. Good news is I had the 914 on the road yesterday for the first times in 5 months. Looking forward to spring!
So.Cal.914
Just click on the link and put a want ad for one. As many as I see chopped up after they have been parted out, there has to be some out there. I have picked up a few small pieces for a good price here.

Classifieds
McMark
Feeling generous today, so I took pictures for you instead of driving home from work. cool.gif
maf914
QUOTE(McMark @ Feb 13 2009, 09:29 PM) *

Feeling generous today, so I took pictures for you instead of driving home from work. cool.gif

Mark, Is that liquid in your pedal box? In the second photo it appears to be wet below the pedal shaft and springs. idea.gif
Joe Ricard
What is supposed to be under the pedal board?
I say Dirt!
No matter how often I clean up under there. After every event there is rubber dust blowing in from the windows and rust pieces coming out of the tunnel.

Looks like McMark knows what I'm talking about.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.