Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Progress on the 3.6 (minor)
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
East coaster
I've been tinkering with my 3.6 conversion a little bit. Managed to get the sheet metal on enough to figure out what needs to be modded. I also managed to get the intake cross tube flipped so that the intake is moved to the front of the engine. I have posted many times asking for details on how to do this "flip" and never really got an answer, so I thought I'd post my experience here to hopefully help others who need/want to do this. The two cross tubes of the intake are cast together as one piece and must be cut apart to facilitate the flip. The are 3 webs cast into the tubes to tie them together. I pulled the cross tube section out and cut the 3 webs in two and then removed the webbing material with a die grinder. I then reinstalled the bottom tube just as it was in it's stock location and then installed the top tube flipped so that the air flow sensor/air filter are just over the distributor area. All hoses and wires seem to reach just fine. I will fabricate a bracket to support the air flow sensor/filter in it's new location. I imagine without the webs or a bracket the intake tube could rotate on you? Here's a pic of the flipped intake, the tubes which need to be separated/cut are in the orange circle. I also machined the lower pulley (yellow circle) to make it a "single pulley" and I'm now working on machining a new fan/alternator pulley hub to convert that to one pulley/belt.
East coaster
Here's a pic of the cam plug or power steering block off......
East coaster
Here's the O-ring side.....
East coaster
And the 915 tranny is on it's way to HPH for some Wevo goodies and R&P flip ........Yeah!!!
East coaster
Just finished pulling the stock 1.8 out of my project car. If anybody needs an engine it's free to the first person who can come pick it up. It's a '74 1.8 with 42K original miles. It starts and runs, but I've never really driven it anywhere. All the injection parts are there and working. If anybody needs it let me know. I'd like to see it go to someone who really needs it, I don't want to see it on ebay next week!
rick 918-S
Looking good, I'm still kicking that box around....It's getting closer to the door confused24.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.