Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: After seeing the invasion website I know we need one
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Events Forum > Past Event Planning Threads
JoeSharp
So George I would like to help, but the only thing I can do is recute. I screwed up my avatar and couldn't fix it. Someone else corected it for me and I don't know who. I see that you got the art work from McMark on your sig. Kool. So how can I help with this.
McMark
I can help out with this if you want. I would need login info (PM me) for the web hosting.
G e o r g e
Joe,

work with Betsy and write the front page intro

talk about past years, goals for this year, and Howard or anything else you want to put into it.

Do we have a deal with double-tree for rates? who's the contact?

same for the Inn in the desert

I need Drive routes , so I can pull maps and pics for the site

Auto cross info, how much? times? location or map for us non regulars

JoeSharp
In the past we have had 5 West Cost events. They started in 2004 in The Bay area. The first one here was hosted by Howard Dranow (God rest his Soul) in 2005. For those of us that knew Howard know that he was a very unassuming person with a great since of humor and extremely generous. Howard was a true NARPster and a Team NARP benefactor. He posted pictures of The Team NARP logo on everything from Lambo's and Ferrari's to a Lear Jet and a Cruise ship. I traveled with Howard to many events throughout the Southwest. His event in 2005 was for me the most fun I have had at an automotive event. At that time we had less than 3,000 people in the online clubs and he had over 80 914's show up to the event. The people came from as far away as Maryland, Connecticut and Canada. I knew it would be hard to make the event as attractive as Howard did. So I have made it my goal to do everything in my power to get as much track time and give back as much to the 914 community as we possibly can. In order to do that I followed Howard's agenda and tried to cut the cost as much as possible.
Today The 914 World and Club NARP have over 3 times as many people as online members. There are a few hundred new members in Southern California alone. I would like to see over 100 914's at the Show and Shine. We have used our imaginations to come up with as many categories for awards as possible. We are including the female side of the group as well. Some of the awards are, Best Supporting Actress (the S.O. most supporting of her 914 owner no matter what the cost in time or money), Fem Four (nicest 4 cylinder owned by a female) and Sexy Six (you got the message). Hopefully we will have a Female Six Driver.

Edit Please.
Weekend after next Thomas and I will go out looking for the parking lot to do the lunch on the ride. At that time will have the ride set and then you can do the maps.
I hope to have the Hotel set this week but Dan has not gotten a call from Malcom at the Hotel.
We do have it set with The Inn of Lancaster and they know us as the Porsche Club.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.