Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: I have been offered a 3.0 SC engine
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Rod
I have just been offered a 3.0 SC engine without carbs, it needs rebuilding and I need to decide on and buy an induction system, BUT, It may be worth it.....

I know this question has been asked a 1000 times but could someone please point me in the direction of a thread which explains the process and parts needed for a 3.0 six conversion..

I have been toying with the idea of a big tuned 4 for a while, but if this comes along at the right price, maybe just maybe it's worth accumulating the parts as rebuild the engine, then do the swap??
PanelBilly
I have a 3.0 with CIS and I plan to put PMOs on it. Want a screaming deal on the CIS?
Rod
QUOTE(PanelBilly @ Feb 11 2009, 07:14 PM) *

I have a 3.0 with CIS and I plan to put PMOs on it. Want a screaming deal on the CIS?

I think I would prefer carbs! I'm dubious at electronics and fitting the CIS System scares me tbh !!!! (I am in the UK too, so postage for you/us would be expensive!!)
Justinp71
Hear is a thread for a 3.2:

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=51951

You're gonna need:

1.) Oil Tank
2.) Oil Lines
3.) external Oil cooler, thermostat and hardware (this might be able to wait until you do any DE's or drive it in hot weather)
4.) Ignition system, I used a 6AL and high vibratory coil
5.) Bulk head motor mount
6.) KEP conversion (3.0 to 901 trans) starter ring, clutch and pressure plate (there are other options but I think this is the most reasonable.
7.) Throttle Linkage
8.) 914-6 Sheet Metal
9.) for carbs you will need some sort of oil baffle system for the oil tank blow-by.
10.) make sure you have the correct wiring harness (The internally regulated alternator that typically is in the 3.0 and the combo with carbs does make this easy)
11.) 3.5 psi fuel pump for carbs (use the cb perfmance one)

That should be the majority of it...

driving.gif
ArtechnikA

That should be the majority of it...

911 on-engine oil cooler modded for 914.6 angle fitting, or filter/block-off plate (a la 3,6 or Porsche race car) and front-mounted cooler with thermostat.
Cap'n Krusty
A 3.0 engine worthy of getting rid of for cheap probably needs EVERYTHING. Plan on spending $5-6K minimum for parts alone. The Cap'n
scotty b
agree.gif and the Cap'n is talking JUST REBUILD PARTS !! All the other extras will be just that. Extra. Conversion parts, PMO's are somewhere near 3-4k by themselves I believe. Then there is the machine shop. It is very easy to sink 10-15,000 in one of these engines to do it right.

Well worth it in the end though driving.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.