Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Lokari -Anyone fitted wheel liners?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
thesey914
Has anyone fitted Lokari or perhaps made their own wheel liners to stop the crap flicking up into the crevices and rot out the body?
Wilhelm
I've been thinking of doing this myself. Putting on wide fenders and don't want the gravel throw up into the backs of the new fenders spalling the paint off the outside. Would also like to keep the crud out of the front of the rear fender. Think it would be best to make something removable to make future work easier. Problem with a steel liner would the gravel would destroy its surface and it would rust. Ultimate may be to vacuum form some abs that clips in and out. If only I had the time.......................
IronHillRestorations
Partwerks used to sell a fender liner kit for 914's. Jay Mikesell has passed away though, and I don't know of anyone that's doing them.
Cap'n Krusty
IMO, it's just gonna provide some staying power for the muck ................ You should see the amount of cr*p that comes out of cars fitted with fender liners.

The Cap'n
GeorgeRud
I also remember that Jay Mikesell at Partswerks was marketing them years ago, but never saw a car with them installed. Perhaps Brad Mayeur @ 914Ltd has had some experience with them as I know he sometimes dealt with Jay.
thesey914
It seems like a good idea to me especially considering how much an oil tank costs.
I'm thinking of all the crud that can get flicked between the body and the side of the tank. They look pretty simple to make though. These are the Lokari design...

IPB Image

Although I like this stone guard I don't think it would really prevent rust long term.

IPB Image

StratPlayer
Went through this subject a few years ago, I sent templets out to someone on the board who was gonna reproduce these, never heard anything about them again.

Here's the thread about the liners. I had these liners on my car for almost 5 years now and I haven't any problems with crud building behind the liners at all.

Maybe this thread will bring back the interest on these liners.

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...ic=9492&hl=
veltror
I bought my 76 from Jay when I was living in Chicago. I also bought a set of his liners, they did some protection but considering the state of my car I think I put them on too late. Once I get my car back with the flares I am going to make a sewt for it. British weather is not too forgiving.

Roman

I can take some pictures if anybody is interested.

smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.