Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Powdercoating
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
F4i
Got all my bits back from the powdercoaters. I am very happy. Part of my job involves painting so I do not usually consider powdercoating. I did all the window/targa trim and the mirrors. I am very happy with the results and the value $300.00 for all this.
tat2dphreak
wub.gif

powdercoating is so clean looking... and durable... a great value.
McMark
Keep us posted on how the powder coated trim looks. I'msure there are quite a few people who would follow that route once they see pictures.

Very nice!
F4i
I decided to do it after seeing another lister here comment on how good it looked. I feel it is a great improvment. The old stuff was not too bad but it did look it's age. I will post pics when intsalled.
Doug Leggins
Looking Good!

Powder coating is a great way to go. It's quick (drop off/pick up), looks great and is reasonably priced.

You coated parts that I had never considered - mirrors and roll bar trim. Share more pics of these with us especially when you have them installed.
meursault
I'm wondering... did you remove the anodizing on those trim parts before you powdercoated?
tracks914
QUOTE(F4i @ Feb 21 2004, 10:00 AM)
I am very happy with the results and the value $300.00 for all this.

$300 Us or CAN?
F4i
$300.00cdn. I lightly sanded the trim just to get the scratches out. There were some dents in the sail trim so I filled them with metalset. There were parts with the anodizing intact. They never indicated it was a problem.
rotaryguy
ooh that's very cool. i may have to try that on a few bits on my rx-7. too bad a lot of the stuff i'd like to powdercoat is plastic tho.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.