Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Anouncing the PCA Zone 3 Club Race Challenge
914World.com > The 914 Forums > The Paddock
naro914
Hello all you racers out there!

I would like to announce the PCA Zone 3 Club Race Challenge - a points based "series" that encompasses the 3 races run from regions in PCA Zone 3:

- Road Atlanta: March 27-29 hosted by Peachstate Region
- Barber Motorsports Park: June 19-21 hosted by Alabama Region
- Carolina Motorsports Park: October 30-November 1 hosted by Carolinas Region

For all the rules, go to the Zone 3 website, but basically:

-You MUST run ALL THREE race weekends to qualify for the Series Championship
-Points are based on class finishing position with bonus points for how many class cars you "beat".
-Positions, DNF's, DQ's, etc will be based on what's listed on mylaps.com
-Each PCA Race class will have a series Champion, if at least one driver in the class meets the qualifications and runs all three events.

Trophies and other awards will be handed out at the end of the year.

And more details will evolve as the year goes on, but the rules will stay firm once the Road Atlanta race weekend begins.

So COME ON OUT and join us for the inaugural year of the PCA Zone 3 Club Race Challenge!

Currently sponsored by Autometrics Motorsports

Additional sponsorship opportunities available.
rwjames
Bob,

I hope to see you at the race at Barbers and possibly Road Atlanta.

I heard rumors there would be a race at Barbers this year, but that has been questionable for the last few years due to poor turnout. The Barber's race isn't on the PCA race schedule in the February Panorama I just received in the mail yesterday either.

Also, I was sorry to read your posting on the Pelican website. I wish you and Stan the best. Sad to see another small business in close from the poor economy. A lot of us here have the same dream of doing what you did by turning your hobby into a business and it hurts to see this happen.

I have been watching your Exclusive Motors website during my search for an original 914-6 over the last two years. You always have some nice Porsche's for sale that are tempting, but I held out and finally found my original six.

I hope to see you and Nadine soon.

Rich

driving.gif
naro914
Thanks Rich,
Barber is on the national schedule, guess just not made it to Pano yet. Nadine is scheduled to work it and the Alabama people are preparing, so we'll see.

unfortunately, sometimes making your hobby be your job 1) does not make you money and 2) makes the hobby less fun.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.