Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Price Check on US Spec tail light lenses....
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
RickS
Fellow dudes,

What is the going rate for a used set of original US spec rear lenses in 'most' excellent (thanks Ted) condition? No cracks, splits, chips, or runners left-on. I see they are NLA, so me bees a thinkin some really good 'uns my be worth just a bit.

Any guesses, edumacated or not, are appreciated.
slow914
Ill give you fifty bucks, hell Ill even pick em up beer.gif
PanelBilly
Is this an auction?
dr914@autoatlanta.com
and a thousand sets of repro USA style are readily available. We also have originals but very very very expensive so I would think that yours are worth 450 each to a real player. Repros of course are 199.50 for the set of two to club members.
6freak
QUOTE(slow914 @ Feb 11 2009, 10:31 PM) *

Ill give you fifty bucks, hell Ill even pick em up beer.gif

I`ll see your $50 and raise you $50....$100 bucks and I too will pick them up
degreeoff
I'd listen to the Doc...but again it'll take a die hard for that!
TJB/914
Hi Guys,

This is really interesting, cause I have a set like this squirreled away w00t.gif

I noticed a trend lately with more WTB's (want to buy) in the classified section. We have become the 356 NOS price level with the interest in 914's. It has come to the point when only good deals will be between friends. Good original parts are better than your 401 retirement money. idea.gif

BTW: George @ AA will be your best friend av-943.gif We love you George!!! w00t.gif

Tom
ConeDodger
I sold my near perfect used 70K mile originals to Bowlsby a year ago for $200 I think? He seemed pretty happy with that price.

Seems I should have saved them for my retirement...
rhodyguy
even slightly used but excellent vs NOS is quite a price leap. 0 crazing (slight lines in corners) $125 plus per. lesser quality, less money. new old stock in box, what ever the market will bear.

k

GaroldShaffer
QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Feb 12 2009, 06:06 AM) *

and a thousand sets of repro USA style are readily available. We also have originals but very very very expensive so I would think that yours are worth 450 each to a real player. Repros of course are 199.50 for the set of two to club members.

agree.gif

I sold a pair of NOS in the box to a concourse type for $600. yes alittle less the what George quoted above, but all involved are happy biggrin.gif
ConeDodger
Not to take anything away from a near perfect set of US spec lenses but I would bet George's reproduction lenses are very close to original. George is a pretty picky guy in that regard. Example is the flared rockers that were made from the original GT rockers. Even have the part number on them. Anyone seen them yet? My guess is they haven't gotten by George yet. I know my flares don't go on until he is happy with those.
turboman808
Dam I traded a Euro set to Ray a few years ago for these. I had no idea they are so expensive.
RickS
Holy smokes, considering the price variability (club price not withstanding wink.gif ), now it comedown whether to establish a fixed price like $600 for the set or take my knocks with EvilBay and start the minimum bidding over $300. Decisions, decisions...

Thanks gents!
6freak

I dont see the Hella traid mark on there ....who you fool`n
rhodyguy
don't open bidding at $300. set your reserve where you need it and let the bidding come to you. or, offer them up for what you need to see and try to sell them here and the other place too. what the story with ebay these days? percentage or flat fee?

k
PeeGreen 914
I hope you see this Curt, Greenie biggrin.gif beerchug.gif
RickS
QUOTE(6freak @ Feb 12 2009, 11:09 AM) *

Just because your software won't zoom in on the Hella name, don't try putting it on me. Nice try tho - partial credit is given.
6freak
QUOTE(RickS @ Feb 12 2009, 11:35 AM) *

QUOTE(6freak @ Feb 12 2009, 11:09 AM) *

Just because your software won't zoom in on the Hella name, don't try putting it on me. Nice try tho - partial credit is given.

I was just poke.gif fun ...good luck
dflesburg
George,

did you ever get the euro repos in?
PanelBilly
How's $55 sound?

But I'm not driving to pick them up. your going to need to ship them to me!
greenie
QUOTE(Phoenix 914-6GT @ Feb 12 2009, 11:13 AM) *

Yeah..

I got screwed by Jon, watch out for him, he gave me a set of lenses , they do have one tiny little scratch, very disappointing...

&

the lower dash pad that he gave me is a little off color too.
boxstr
Let ebay decide what they are worth.
CCLIN dry.gif
736conver
QUOTE(boxstr @ Feb 12 2009, 02:36 PM) *

Let ebay decide what they are worth.
CCLIN dry.gif

In this market, lol.

Wont be much.
SLITS
As with all things starting with a P ... they're way over priced. I'll keep my cracked and hazed until they fall apart and then put red film over the hole!
PanelBilly
$57.50 and that's my final offer!
dr914@autoatlanta.com
QUOTE(dflesburg @ Feb 12 2009, 01:10 PM) *

George,

did you ever get the euro repos in?

yes! AT least 500 sets are here now WAY too many! They need to be on 914s!
PeeGreen 914
QUOTE(greenie @ Feb 12 2009, 12:29 PM) *

QUOTE(Phoenix 914-6GT @ Feb 12 2009, 11:13 AM) *

Yeah..

I got screwed by Jon, watch out for him, he gave me a set of lenses , they do have one tiny little scratch, very disappointing...

&

the lower dash pad that he gave me is a little off color too.

Well the dash pad you can blame on Brad. He got the one that was 100% perfect laugh.gif Giving things away is expensive blink.gif but is highly worth it when you get to see them in use driving.gif .

So when is the car going to be finished Curt? aktion035.gif Need help?

Sorry for the highjack beerchug.gif
dflesburg
How much are the euro lenses George and could you post some good pics please...

Thanks,

Duane Flesburg
Dayton Ohio

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.