Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: volkswagen bluesport
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
GreatPumpkin
check out this car its pretty cool

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0v_3sLzvscY...feature=related
type47
Wow, looks nice to me. mid-engined by any chance idea.gif maybe they can collaborate with Porsche for direct fuel injection and PDK transmission. Porsche could put their 997 engine in their version and sell it as a Porsche.... biggrin.gif
Cap'n Krusty
QUOTE(type47 @ Feb 12 2009, 12:16 PM) *

Wow, looks nice to me. mid-engined by any chance idea.gif maybe they can collaborate with Porsche for direct fuel injection and PDK transmission. Porsche could put their 997 engine in their version and sell it as a Porsche.... biggrin.gif

Uhhhhhhhhhhhh, Jim? VW/Audi Group was first to market with Gasoline Direct Injection, and they've been developing and using the dual clutch tranny (DSG) since the mid 80s.

The Cap'n
Krieger
looks like an Audi TT
kpfoten
Saw this at the NAIAS in Detroit--nice looking vehicle. Forgot my camera though... sad.gif
ottox914
Mixed reviews.

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...c=91651&hl=

I'd put one in my garage if they actually build them, and not just tease us.
Zimms
agree.gif
It really looked good in person.
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Racing916
Looks like a Miata
jimtab
I thought it looked a lot like a Toyota MR2 turbo....
SGB
Well I think it is a really cohesive design. Nice simple lines- sorta like Mazda, but agressive and charateristic without being overtly stylized like a Mr 2. I think those front well arches look great- like flares out of the hood. I watched another vid- it only should weigh 2600 lbs. Ya-hoo! Thats terrific. No more barges! Its a mid engine TDI- maybe to be shared with Audi...
championgt1
Be lucky to ever get it in the states.
Zimms
FWIW, I spoke with the brand manager at the show. He mentioned that it was a 2012 project, and the engineering feat at the moment was the aluminum bodywork and replicating it for production. He states the goal is to get it to market for under $30K. What surprised me was how much my non car guy father in law liked it. I think it was the only thing he really made mention of.
JoeSharp
I waiting to see what Porsche does with it.
dflesburg
hmmm 944 turbo motor would work in that, right?
zymurgist
WANT.
dflesburg
I am thinking buy a used one after they cost about 1/2 of new and put a built 944 turbo motor in that puppy.

Tear out all the heavy stuff like sound proofing and AC of course... LOL

I like it better than the boxster actually, it looks smaller. Like it should be. The Boxster is a pig
Brett W
I believe Mitsubishi was the first to market with a GDI engine in Asia. They had one running back in the 90s.

Not so much for the car though. Looks like a toy.
VaccaRabite
Are the comments about putting in a 951 motor jokes?

Most emission regs require that swapped engines be newer then the car they are going into. And, it is quite possible that 250hp will be on tap with the intended TDi by just adding a chip.

Assuming it ever even gets built - and I hope that it does.
Zach
Todd Enlund
QUOTE(Vacca Rabite @ Mar 6 2009, 07:23 AM) *

Most emission regs require that swapped engines be newer then the car they are going into. And, it is quite possible that 250hp will be on tap with the intended TDi by just adding a chip.

And 300+ ft/lb.
PeeGreen 914
To me it looks like it has the nice features of an S2000 with the size of a Miata. I like it. Be cool to have them make this baby a reality in the states. beer.gif
McMark
Like almost every other soft top that's ever been, it looks like absolute ASS with the top up. Chop the top and make a speedster and I like it. cool.gif
LarryR
If they stick a tdi in that it would be a freakin blast to drive. my jetta has tons of get up and go 249 ft lb of torque and 140 hp! put that in a nice little light weight roadster and were talking super quick with probably 50+ mpg.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.