Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: NLA Part Surfaced
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Originality and History
914runnow
I got shipped by errorr a set of the top rubber piece that goes on the rear shock..(inside on the shaft) It is the accesory shock as Porsche calls it..Part # 914 333 053 01 dated 11/18/03 on the bag....Our local 914 group had a discussion a while back on these..That for the most part >they don't do much<....BUT>>>>If one of you is wanting a set for concour or a Correct Car..THESE ARE NOT EASY TO GET...I was told NLA only a few years ago by Stoddards... $120.00 for the pair is what I paid...OH I paid 100 for a pair on eBay a few years ago for my 73..That was a war to get them then ..Lotzah bidderz..They typically rot away to nothing...Are these a 'Fluke Pair'??? I am sending them back to Stoddards, as my 75 will not need them..I should possibly put this Topic in the parts vault...BUT this way it will get seen...Thanx Rx
PS...Happy V.D. to everyone.. grouphug.gif
Pat Garvey
QUOTE(914runnow @ Feb 13 2009, 11:22 AM) *

I got shipped by errorr a set of the top rubber piece that goes on the rear shock..(inside on the shaft) It is the accesory shock as Porsche calls it..Part # 914 333 053 01 dated 11/18/03 on the bag....Our local 914 group had a discussion a while back on these..That for the most part >they don't do much<....BUT>>>>If one of you is wanting a set for concour or a Correct Car..THESE ARE NOT EASY TO GET...I was told NLA only a few years ago by Stoddards... $120.00 for the pair is what I paid...OH I paid 100 for a pair on eBay a few years ago for my 73..That was a war to get them then ..Lotzah bidderz..They typically rot away to nothing...Are these a 'Fluke Pair'??? I am sending them back to Stoddards, as my 75 will not need them..I should possibly put this Topic in the parts vault...BUT this way it will get seen...Thanx Rx

Interesting! I relaced mine on my 72 about 10 tears ago. They were rotted & useless, but they were ivory colored (from the Factory). Noted no problems with ride before I changed them, or after. They were just ugly & rotted. I wonder if they had a purpose, or were nebulus?
914runnow
QUOTE(Pat Garvey @ Feb 14 2009, 06:24 PM) *

QUOTE(914runnow @ Feb 13 2009, 11:22 AM) *

Interesting! I relaced mine on my 72 about 10 tears ago. They were rotted & useless, but they were ivory colored (from the Factory). Noted no problems with ride before I changed them, or after. They were just ugly & rotted. I wonder if they had a purpose, or were nebulus?

IF the car were to bottom out.....These are the line of last defense to
prevent that.....But with as long as those stock springs are??
Damn tall order to make that happen..!!
There are also the much better grade black ones in the front...
AND ON another note..Ordered the 90lb repros from AA..(rear springs)
they are USA Mfrd..
By whom was not divulged by George.. confused24.gif

914Sixer
I had a new set of these on some shocks I made up for the Creamsicle. They rotted out to dust in about a year in the attic from the heat. The material quality was not very good. You still need to keep the washer part though to make the rear shock assembly work right. There should be something else out there that can be used. I know Koni makes the snubers for their shocks for about $20 per pair. I do not know if they will fit the Boges or Bilsteins.
914runnow
QUOTE(914Sixer @ Feb 15 2009, 06:55 AM) *

I had a new set of these on some shocks I made up for the Creamsicle. They rotted out to dust in about a year in the attic from the heat. The material quality was not very good. You still need to keep the washer part though to make the rear shock assembly work right. There should be something else out there that can be used. I know Koni makes the snubers for their shocks for about $20 per pair. I do not know if they will fit the Boges or Bilsteins.

Wellllllllll...If all goes well...the pair I HAD went to a person that does reproduction
914 rubber pcs...I mentioned better rubber compound was needed..
So possibly the future will bring us nice repros..!! piratenanner.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.