Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: I LOVE MY CAR......
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
degreeoff
OK so its 50 degree's here in MD today, I am off work so I fire her up b/c its febuary and for the last 3 days its been unseasonably warm. Need to go to the bank...good enough excuse 4 me....

Well aside from the starbucks run ( 1hour and three conversations later) I am back on the road (no cup holders in the ole gal)

Well up the main drag I go and at the last min I decide lets take the back way....

small stretch of highway later (not that I would speed recklessly) but there were few on the road and a chance to get on er a bit so...100mph (quickly) back down to norm....

Off the highway to the back road...1/4 before the twisty turnoff and boom who am I behind...a MB goin 5 under....who then turns onto the twisty road ( mad.gif )....

well clear ahead and who saw that double yellow? VAROOM! 100 again over bumpy twisty greatness..... biggrin.gif singing in 4th @ 5k+rpm.....

I wub.gif driving.gif my car!

The end

Josh
So.Cal.914
smile.gif
jimkelly
me too : )

i noticed my car was low on gas - so i firgured i'd take it to the local gas station for some 90+ octane

then i figured i'd wind her out a little - unfortunately being a v8 my initial gear is second which gets me to 50mph in a hurry and once in third i only get a second or 2 before i am at 70 : ((

i am running 195/60/15's so my speedo - is a little off.

i sure would like to run out 3rd gear for a change : ))

i better hook up my tach.

jim
PeeGreen 914
piratenanner.gif aktion035.gif sad.gif I wantta drive my car. Eh, soon enough driving.gif
oldschool
QUOTE(degreeoff @ Feb 13 2009, 11:05 AM) *

OK so its 50 degree's here in MD today, I am off work so I fire her up b/c its febuary and for the last 3 days its been unseasonably warm. Need to go to the bank...good enough excuse 4 me....

Well aside from the starbucks run ( 1hour and three conversations later) I am back on the road (no cup holders in the ole gal)

Well up the main drag I go and at the last min I decide lets take the back way....

small stretch of highway later (not that I would speed recklessly) but there were few on the road and a chance to get on er a bit so...100mph (quickly) back down to norm....

Off the highway to the back road...1/4 before the twisty turnoff and boom who am I behind...a MB goin 5 under....who then turns onto the twisty road ( mad.gif )....

well clear ahead and who saw that double yellow? VAROOM! 100 again over bumpy twisty greatness..... biggrin.gif singing in 4th @ 5k+rpm.....

I wub.gif driving.gif my car!

The end

Josh

dude I made one(cup holder) because I love coffee if you like I send you a photo?
degreeoff
oh no.....but thank you! this beastie when properly driven requires all my attn!!
cwpeden
I call it 'Roll-o-chrome' but a roll of duct-tape works great. Jus the right size for a Grande at Starbucks

Click to view attachment
Ian Stott
I drove mine back and forth in the driveway again on Sat. as the snow was clean, streets still full of salt so I can't leave the drive way yet. Delivered some windows to the new Philadelphia Childrens Hospital on Thursday,(yes windows from Canada!) and couldn't believe how warm it was, quite windy though and all the while I was thinking if I lived here I could drive my car way more often!!

Ian Stott
Moncton
Canada
scotty b
Yeah I know what you mean I drove the 944 tuesday and unsure.gif oh nevermind.........
jimkelly
scotty - you gotta stuff a modern chevy v8 into that baby : )) - oh nevermind - you concours guys gotta have oem powerplants and that new car smell : ))

--

QUOTE(scotty b @ Feb 13 2009, 07:05 PM) *

Yeah I know what you mean I drove the 944 tuesday and unsure.gif oh nevermind.........

toon1
I miss driving mine, It's in pieces getting ready for paint.

Dang that duck season! It won't be long now!
ssstikircr
well its been raining most of the week up here in tha Sacramento area.
LarryR
well my 914 wont see the road for at least another 3 or 4 months (note I have 2 914's but noone that I have ever driven) However, I intend to make my 911 road worthy again this weekend and hit the road with it when this rain lets up.

beerchug.gif
914Mike
QUOTE(ssstikircr @ Feb 13 2009, 09:49 PM) *

well its been raining most of the week up here in tha Sacramento area.

Same here, I put the top on a few weeks back so I could leave it in a parking lot for a few hours, but took it off again when I put it away. That's the second time it's been on in maybe 6 months... I didn't like having it on, so I'm waiting till it's dry for driving.gif but that's just me confused24.gif
burton73
When I started to read this tread from our brothers back east I was thinking what a drag it is to own a car you cannot drive in the winter- time but then the west cost guys chimed in as we have had a hot of rain this season. We need it but our cars unless daily drivers do not see it. Think how long all of out cars will last now? Not like when these babies where new.

Bob
Joe Ricard
I hear You Josh. These cars demand our undivided attention.
Your experience was somewhat like mine of last weekend. Went to the track and got my 1st lapping day in a long time. 1st with the new motor.

I was passing most everything out there running in the blue group.

Smokin Mustangs coming out of the corners and onto the straights is just so cool.

Raining like a MOFO here so I'll just stay homen today.
Gint
Not being able to drive a 914 all winter long would really suck.

I get to drive mine all the time. I generally won't drive it if it's below 30 in the morning or if there is snow on the streets. And we haven't seen squat for snow this winter. It will probably get out a couple of times this weekend. mid 40's and sunny Sunday and over 50 on Monday (I'm off work for Pres Day).
dw914er
drove the 914 to pick up parts for my acura today (the role's finally reversed)

car drove amazingly, just sings at 3-4k
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.