Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914 Breakdown in Tacoma? Rhodyguy??
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Mike Pearson
Saw a silver 914 pulled over at the side of the road near the Tacoma Mall at about 10 minutes ot 11 this morning as we made out way to the 72nd Street exit. As we approached the car I pointed it out to Abby...and as we passed I thought I saw a familiar face peering out.

We would have pulled over to help, but you already had the turn signal on and it looked like you were looking for a break in traffic to pull out.

Hope everything's OK.
boxstr
Kevin made it to JPs today as did all of the other Seattle 914 enthusiasts.
We all had a great time BS ing and helping Dave get into his new van. A few minor adjustments were made to his chair and he was able to get into the back of the van and motor home. He was very happy and I sure Brad is just as happy.
Pics at 11.
CCLINAPREJPS
Bleyseng
That was Dave Hunt waiting for Rich and ME.

Geoff
DNHunt
Yep that was me. I made it just fine but thanks for the concern

Dave
Mike Pearson
QUOTE(boxstr @ Feb 21 2004, 08:28 PM)
Kevin made it to JPs today as did all of the other Seattle 914 enthusiasts.

Unfortunately, not all the Seattle area folks made it for the van transfer...I was headed into Tacoma for another thing at the South End Neighborhood Center. Saw the 'teener on the side of the road, but don't remember passing (orbeing passed by) any others on the rest of the trip down.

Glad everything went well with getting the van to Dave, and I'm sorry I couldn't make it.

Also happy that it was just Dave Hunt waiting for some others, and not anyone in distress.
rhodyguy
thanks for the thought mike. are you making progress on your car?

kevin
Mike Pearson
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Feb 22 2004, 07:00 AM)
thanks for the thought mike. are you making progress on your car?

hmmm...depends on how you define "progress" .

I got a new Craftsman reciprocating saw from Abby for Christmas, so I could cut out the floor panels and start getting ready to weld in new metal. Get a welder, too, a few months before. Haven't even had a chance to plug in either one of the new toys, though.

Maybe now that the weather is starting to get better I can get out there, drop the engine, get the new workbench set up, and start on everything else. Lots of work, too little time and space. But I'm looking forward to getting under some of the panels and seeing how much more I'll have to replace.

I've found that it's pretty much of a rustbucket, but I want to do the work for the experience of it, so I'm not shopping for a new roller or tub.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.