Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Any info on bumpertops?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
nomore9one4
Does anyone know if the fiberglass bumpertops ever panned out? Any info where to purchase them. Prefere a front one. Thanks smile.gif
kconway
You mean this one? http://www.carlrudolph.com/index.html
nomore9one4
QUOTE(kconway @ Feb 15 2009, 01:16 PM) *

thats the one. Thank you! smile.gif
Sleepin
ooohh! I was looking for that site! biggrin.gif
rjames
Hmmm, not a bad price. Anyone install one yet? (I need one for the rear bumper).
PeeGreen 914
idea.gif Do you desire to have a real pad Robert? I may like the lightened fiberglass version in trafe for my nice rear pad beerchug.gif
rjames
QUOTE(Phoenix 914-6GT @ Feb 16 2009, 11:02 PM) *

idea.gif Do you desire to have a real pad Robert? I may like the lightened fiberglass version in trafe for my nice rear pad beerchug.gif

I appreciate the offer. beer.gif I definitely desire one, but unfortunately I can't afford it right now.
Solo914
QUOTE(Phoenix 914-6GT @ Feb 16 2009, 11:02 PM) *

alright man. whats your price. hahahaha

kyle
PeeGreen 914
Just get me a fiberglass one and we can trade Kyle. drunk.gif
gothspeed
QUOTE(Solo914 @ Feb 18 2009, 09:22 AM) *

alright man. whats your price. hahahaha

kyle
Hello Kyle ........ I like the way your 914 sits on your avatar .......... what wheel widths are those?? Does it have spacers?
PeeGreen 914
Those are 7" cookies and they look great on his car. Well, they look great on any narrow 914
Solo914
QUOTE(Phoenix 914-6GT @ Feb 18 2009, 09:35 AM) *

Those are 7" cookies and they look great on his car. Well, they look great on any narrow 914

what he said. I run 195/50/15 Bridgestone RE-01Rs which are as wide as a most 205s. With the 15x7 cookies(23mm offset) I had to roll the lips in the rear and do a alittle pulling on the drivers side to get them not to rub. The offset is just about perfect on the inside with this combo. The fronts are actually alittle close to the strut and I am going to be puting in a spacer to fill out the front wheel well.

Jon,
I may actually take you up on this. Got to think about it alittle.

Kyle
Solo914
I have heard that some of the fiberglass replacement bumpertops need to be reworked in order to fit(cut, reglassed etc). Whats everyones take on the ones that were posted above (http://www.carlrudolph.com/gpage.html ).

Kyle
Richard Casto
QUOTE(Solo914 @ Feb 18 2009, 12:53 PM) *

I have heard that some of the fiberglass replacement bumpertops need to be reworked in order to fit(cut, reglassed etc). Whats everyones take on the ones that were posted above (http://www.carlrudolph.com/gpage.html ).

Kyle

I have the Carl Rudolph front/rear, but haven't tried to test fit them yet. I pulled them out of the box for a quick look when they came in awhile back and they look nice. Bumpers are kind of buried in the garage. Maybe this weekend I can try to test fit them.

Richard
PeeGreen 914
QUOTE(Solo914 @ Feb 18 2009, 09:48 AM) *

QUOTE(Phoenix 914-6GT @ Feb 18 2009, 09:35 AM) *

what he said. I run 195/50/15 Bridgestone RE-01Rs which are as wide as a most 205s. With the 15x7 cookies(23mm offset) I had to roll the lips in the rear and do a alittle pulling on the drivers side to get them not to rub. The offset is just about perfect on the inside with this combo. The fronts are actually alittle close to the strut and I am going to be puting in a spacer to fill out the front wheel well.

Jon,
I may actually take you up on this. Got to think about it alittle.

Kyle

aktion035.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.