Full Version: custom tach install : )
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jimkelly
see pic
Dr. Roger
How ghetto-fabulous is that? LOL

<ducking and covering> =)
jimkelly
biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

thanks dude
Dr. Roger
i'm surprised you didn't pull the guts outta the SAE tach and glue 'em into the porsche 914 faceplate and housing.

(just thinking out loud)
messix
QUOTE(jimkelly @ Feb 15 2009, 12:08 PM) *

see pic

is it really BOLTED thru the top of the dash? av-943.gif av-943.gif av-943.gif
jimkelly
oh - come on - this can't be the first time you've seen a tach mounted this way popcorn[1].gif

i took a full inventory of the cracks in my dash and came to the conclusion after much deliberation and consultation that - drilling a hole thru it - would not reduce its short or long term value : )) so out came the dremel and an extension cord.
scotty b
blink.gif WOW.........
jimkelly
i was hoping tht pic would never surface again - oh well : )

just like some should nopt be allowed to drive car, and some should not be allowed to own a gun - - you guys are probably thinking that some should not be allowed to own a drill biggrin.gif ( i love my mikita shades.gif
messix
what? no duct tape? av-943.gif
marks914
Its even one Uh Dem Hi end Sun-pros
I dosee thespeedo is cocked,this guy must think its a 911, thats what those guys do because its cool

Mark
jimkelly
sunpro = works

as for counter cockwised speedometer - if it wasn't, i could not see the 60mph + area was hwy crusing - with my hands in the - driving school - 10pm and 2pm positions biggrin.gif

Borderline
QUOTE(jimkelly @ Feb 15 2009, 03:39 PM) *

sunpro = works

as for counter cockwised speedometer - if it wasn't, i could not see the 60mph + area was hwy crusing - with my hands in the - driving school - 10pm and 2pm positions biggrin.gif

I prefer the 10am and 2pm position ......or was it 10am and 2am av-943.gif av-943.gif
jimkelly
o'clock - that is what i should have wrottin

laugh.gif
firstknight13
biggrin.gif bad monkey go back to the sand box............sorry jim i just had to say it...ray
root
QUOTE(jimkelly @ Feb 15 2009, 12:08 PM) *

see pic

Jim, You've come along way you only had to use 1 or 2 washers on it! smilie_pokal.gif
turboman808
That's uh pretty bad. The tach that is. I think I will sports a redneck beard and get me some trailer hotties.

I would add a grant steering wheel as well. IPB Image
jimkelly
a Grant wheel - no way - the concours judges would deduct for that smoke.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.