Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Anyone here own 4732907267?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
GaroldShaffer
Cleaning out some very old files and I found my lost title for my 1st 914. I bought #4732907267 on 8/21/96. I sold it late summer/fall of 99 to guy in Kentucky and haven't seen it since. Just wondering if anyone here owns it or knows it where abouts? Here is what it looked like when I got him.
McMark
Not mine. smile.gif Mine is 2087.
JoeSharp
Garold, what year did you sell it?
GaroldShaffer
QUOTE(Joe Sharp @ Feb 16 2009, 01:00 PM) *

Garold, what year did you sell it?

Fixed my typo. Sold in 99
GaroldShaffer
Monthly icon_bump.gif Anyone????
GaroldShaffer
icon_bump.gif Bueller, Bueller, anyone, anyone......
ClayPerrine
Mine was 100 ahead of yours... 4732907167.

GaroldShaffer
icon_bump.gif
GaroldShaffer
I thought I would give this old thread a bump. Anyone seen this car in the last few years? icon_bump.gif
type47
I'd say the easy thing to do is look in 914 Info for the VIN, BUT YOU DIDN'T PUT IT IN! Why don't you enter it and maybe the owner doesn't frequent this site and it may catch their eye and lead to something...
GaroldShaffer
QUOTE(type47 @ Jan 16 2012, 06:10 AM) *

I'd say the easy thing to do is look in 914 Info for the VIN, BUT YOU DIDN'T PUT IT IN! Why don't you enter it and maybe the owner doesn't frequent this site and it may catch their eye and lead to something...

I didn't put it in because I DONT OWN IT ANYMORE (why are well yelling?) smile.gif
Bartlett 914
Hi Garold.

Haven't seen it but I like the color combination and the wheels. Looks like it was a nice ride.
jim_hoyland
QUOTE(Garold Shaffer @ Jan 16 2012, 06:23 AM) *

QUOTE(type47 @ Jan 16 2012, 06:10 AM) *

I didn't put it in because I DONT OWN IT ANYMORE (why are well yelling?) smile.gif

We can enter VINS for the purpose of maintaining the history of the car. The VIN database allows multuple entries. For example: you could add the VIN with a picture and cite the time you owned the car. A future owner can add a second entry, and so on.

That was a great looking 914, I'll bet somene is taking good care of it ! smile.gif
sean_v8_914
black and gold, Bandit style. I built 4-5 model cars with that combo
type47
QUOTE(jim_hoyland @ Jan 16 2012, 07:33 AM) *

We can enter VINS for the purpose of maintaining the history of the car.

I add VINs when I find a car not in the 914 Info. I periodically ask Andy to purge all except the one(s) I own.
jim_hoyland
QUOTE(type47 @ Jan 16 2012, 04:17 PM) *

QUOTE(jim_hoyland @ Jan 16 2012, 07:33 AM) *

We can enter VINS for the purpose of maintaining the history of the car.

I add VINs when I find a car not in the 914 Info. I periodically ask Andy to purge all except the one(s) I own.

Same here. Andy set up the VIN database so that multiple entries for a given VINs can be entered. Some entries might be sightings, cars listed for sale, current owners, or previous owners. smile.gif
GaroldShaffer
OK, ok enough chair.gif I have added it to the database, grouphug.gif sheesh tough crowd. beer.gif biggrin.gif

Just for the record I have 10 other vins in the database that I have listed over the years.
GaroldShaffer
icon_bump.gif Been a year or two. I checked the vin database and it is still only listed under my name.
GaroldShaffer
icon_bump.gif Just wondering if it is still out there?
r_towle
I bought it and cut it up into small ash trays which I shared with ScottyB and all his family and friends.

Rest assured, the car still serves a purpose and it's still down south.
GaroldShaffer
QUOTE(r_towle @ Oct 20 2014, 07:52 PM) *

I bought it and cut it up into small ash trays which I shared with ScottyB and all his family and friends.

yikes.gif

beerchug.gif
struckn
Is this a group buy for the ash trays, if so put me down for one please.

GaroldShaffer
Yearly bump for 2015. icon_bump.gif I checked the vin database and still only shows my entry sad.gif
Larmo63
I have 7302…..Close, but no cigar...
jim_hoyland
Try googling the VIN; I did that for a friend and got a hit on an advertisement in Europe.
GaroldShaffer
My 2016 yearly bump of this thread. Still looking for my first 914 Vin 4732907267 icon_bump.gif
JoeDees
Not mine, but it did remind me that in the year and a half I've been on the World, I never added my VIN...
EdwardBlume
QUOTE(Garold Shaffer @ May 30 2016, 05:56 AM) *

My 2016 yearly bump of this thread. Still looking for my first 914 Vin 4732907267 icon_bump.gif

This is just damn sad. Looking for your first 914 to no avail.... I hope it turns up and you can reacquire it.
GaroldShaffer
Yearly bump. icon_bump.gif
iankarr
Maybe a stupid question, but have you tried tracing it forward through the buyer you sold it to in Kentucky? There are probably not that many owners after him...

Good luck!
GaroldShaffer
QUOTE(cuddyk @ May 13 2017, 10:08 PM) *

Maybe a stupid question, but have you tried tracing it forward through the buyer you sold it to in Kentucky? There are probably not that many owners after him...

Good luck!

I would if I could remember his name. dry.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.