Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: If you ever parted out a 914 or came across one in a junkyard ...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
SirAndy
If you ever parted out a 914 or came across one in a junkyard, we'd like to know about it!

As you may know, we're keeping a database of 914 VIN numbers and one group of special interest are the dead ones.
Parted out, crushed in an accident, cut up or rusted away ...

If you have any VIN numbers and other info (Color, chassis#, build date etc.), please take the time to add those to our database.

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?act=membervins

You can add as many VINs as you like.

If you don't like to add the VIN yourself, please post the info about the car here and i'll add it to the database for you.

And if you have a picture of the car, even better!
smilie_pokal.gif Andy
Heeltoe914
Will do. Its common to see them in the SoCal, area.
Dr Evil
Thanks for the reminder. I was at a shop in Ono, PA today that had a few that I can catalog for the collective smile.gif
degreeoff
Man I had one w/o title that was an apperence group 72 (3?) with the 2.0 yellow that I robbed for parts back in 98.....sorry thats all I have for you. It was complete and R U S T E D
Shade Tree
There are two of them that I've been picking off of at the local pick-a-part. I didn't think to get the info when I was out getting a little part for ZONEDOUBT. I'll try to get the vin info this weekend....anybody need parts while I'm there? One even still has a good windshield.
mein_tag
QUOTE(Shade Tree @ Feb 20 2009, 12:17 PM) *

There are two of them that I've been picking off of at the local pick-a-part. I didn't think to get the info when I was out getting a little part for ZONEDOUBT. I'll try to get the vin info this weekend....anybody need parts while I'm there? One even still has a good windshield.

ohh ya. see if you can fit the right transaxle mount in your pocket.. laugh.gif
iamchappy
I parted out and cut up a white 75 2.0 back in 1994 but cannot find the Vin information on it.
carr914
I junked this one about 10 years ago, but I didn't keep a record of the Vin#. It was a 75 painted Olympic Blue

T.C.

Click to view attachment
jim_hoyland
Andy,

How about nailing the link to the vins at the top of the page as a reminder ?
SirAndy
QUOTE(jim_hoyland @ Apr 11 2009, 07:28 AM) *

Andy,

How about nailing the link to the vins at the top of the page as a reminder ?

idea.gif
SirAndy
icon_bump.gif

More info here:
http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=94572

beerchug.gif Andy
Brent
Pick n Pull 72 914 found in Sacramento location. Vin is 4722902254, paint scheme L041, original appeared Irish Green. Not yet on our database. Very straight body with minor dent in front right fender. Painted a royal blue metallic. As of 12/22, still has engine decklid, both trunk lids, both light assy's and brows. One light shroud painted white, other is black. many good parts. If I had the cash I would take the entire front clip. Top is missing and interior gone. Floorboards not yet rusting in the rain. Shift Assy appeared new.
SirAndy
QUOTE(Brent @ Dec 25 2010, 02:57 PM) *

Pick n Pull 72 914 found in Sacramento location. Vin is 4722902254, paint scheme L041, original appeared Irish Green. Not yet on our database. Very straight body with minor dent in front right fender. Painted a royal blue metallic. As of 12/22, still has engine decklid, both trunk lids, both light assy's and brows. One light shroud painted white, other is black. many good parts. If I had the cash I would take the entire front clip. Top is missing and interior gone. Floorboards not yet rusting in the rain. Shift Assy appeared new.

thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif

L04I would indicate a original black color, not irish green ... idea.gif
Brent

thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif

L04I would indicate a original black color, not irish green ... idea.gif

Didn't have my camera and I live in South Bay Area. Was up pulling a window for my Truck, while visiting my mother for the holidays. I am sure some of the Sacto people can get it for you, its hard to miss RIGHT on the main Aisle.

The last letter or number was hard for my forty something year old eye to see clearly.
SirAndy
icon_bump.gif
914rat
I just added my 5 vin's today.I have the title to one that was scrapped if I can find it I will add it later.
Brent
Pick-n-Pull site shows 914 in Tallahassee FL as of 2/25/2011, one in Calgary as of 2/9/2011, and a new date on one in Sacramento, which may or may not be the one mentioned above, new date of 2/1/2011.
Brent
Any info on the one in FL????? There has got to be a bunch of NARPs or 914 Worlders out there!
914werke
I just looked over a car listed in posted in CL in our area: "76" vin ..0348
Original L13K Summer Yellow with Tan int. mostly complete typical rust at Sail's & through the lower firewall/floorpan on the Pass. side. dry.gif Helped the sales dude open the trunk for the 1st time, yup.. 911 reflector with easy access hole. They couldn't figure it out biggrin.gif
914werke
A couple more I looked at. dry.gif Pair 74 & 75.
The 75 was Olympic blue (hard to tell from my shots) 1.8L
The Light Ivory 74 was pretty wasted.
Dave_Darling
In a 75, that would be Laguna Blue. It's less green than Olympic Blue.

--DD
r_towle
Just curious.
How big is the VIN database now?

Rich
poorsche914
QUOTE(r_towle @ Jul 3 2012, 05:43 PM) *
Just curious.

Looks to be just over 7600 though I did notice several VINs listed multiple times.

driving.gif
get off my lawn
I've cut up several and found several more in junk yards over the years, doan member the VINs tho...

SirAndy
QUOTE(poorsche914 @ Jul 3 2012, 03:06 PM) *

QUOTE(r_towle @ Jul 3 2012, 05:43 PM) *
Just curious.

Looks to be just over 7600 though I did notice several VINs listed multiple times.

driving.gif

Multiples don't count against the overall count.

From the top of the page: "914World Member VIN Numbers (6774 unique VINs in Database)"
http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?act=membervins

shades.gif
hwgunner
Just added 4752900193 to my list. Fond the door vin tag at the bottom of a box at GPR. beer.gif
Pv8
Hello
Speaking numbers, whats the nr. stamped in the trunk by the right taillight?

/Ulf

Click to view attachment
SirAndy
QUOTE(Pv8 @ Jul 6 2012, 11:48 PM) *

Hello
Speaking numbers, whats the nr. stamped in the trunk by the right taillight?

/Ulf

Chassis Number, should match the number on the Karmann plate in the drivers side door jamb and the number on the back of the dashboard subframe ...
welcome.png
ConeDodger
Pick 'n Pull search engine indicates two 914's within 200 miles of my location. One in Fresno, one in Redding. Someone care to scoot over to these and get the VIN#'s? biggrin.gif
JimN73
Parts Heaven is getting one on Monday the 16th. They don't know anything about it yet except that it has been rearended.

So, if I or any one of you, goes that way next week we could get the vin.
Elliot Cannon
I checked out the car in Fresno. Not much left of it. The VIN is (was) 4712920933. I didn't get anyting off the car except a '71 relay board cover and the plastic nuts that hold the tail light lenses on. But then again, who can refuse a drive to Fresno on a 108 degree day? av-943.gif
ConeDodger
QUOTE(Elliot Cannon @ Jul 14 2012, 09:31 AM) *

I checked out the car in Fresno. Not much left of it. The VIN is (was) 4712920933. I didn't get anyting off the car except a '71 relay board cover and the plastic nuts that hold the tail light lenses on. But then again, who can refuse a drive to Fresno on a 108 degree day? av-943.gif

Thanks Elyut! I added it to the VIN database! biggrin.gif
Bob L.
I came across a few rotted souls in Austin.

For the database...

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
SirAndy
QUOTE(Bob L. @ Sep 27 2012, 06:51 PM) *
I came across a few rotted souls in Austin.

Added to the database, thank you Sir!
beerchug.gif
mankowski
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Jul 13 2012, 09:19 PM) *

Pick 'n Pull search engine indicates two 914's within 200 miles of my location. One in Fresno, one in Redding. Someone care to scoot over to these and get the VIN#'s? biggrin.gif

The one in Redding was a Scarlet Red 76, but I forgot to get the VIN or pics when I was there in May, passing through a roadtrip to SF. Motor and trans were already gone, except the working to spec (!) MPS, which I pulled and have if someone needs a good 043. I also got the steering wheel, fuel pump, and turn signal, if anyone wants those. All the body panels were there as well, but it looks like its been crushed by now, since it's no longer on the Pick & Pull website.
porschecb
QUOTE(Bob L. @ Sep 27 2012, 06:54 PM) *

And...

Whats that on the A pillar? Looks like...............
speed metal army
QUOTE(porschecb @ Sep 27 2012, 09:58 PM) *

QUOTE(Bob L. @ Sep 27 2012, 06:54 PM) *

And...

Whats that on the A pillar? Looks like...............

Thick cracking crappy paint? confused24.gif Im missing something...
euro911
Rich, did you note the rare early 914 offset Rivieras on both of those cars?

I pulled a passenger seat and some small parts from a fairly complete red one at a pick-a-part in Gardena, CA several years ago. Didn't think to get the vin screwy.gif

Funny thing - I saw the same car for months, sitting on a trailer that was attached to an old motorhome, parked on a main boulevard in Hawthorne, CA. I left a note on it asking the owner to call me if he was interested in selling. Never heard from the guy.
He probably got only $200 for it ... the going rate for 'scrap' cars around here. I was prepared to offer him $500 for it unsure.gif
Dion
Parted out one in 1999 welder.gif
Saturn yellow 1.8L
v.i.n.# 4742912256
Rusted frame went to a scrap yard.

914werke
lost souls
SirAndy
QUOTE(rdauenhauer @ Aug 5 2014, 10:17 PM) *

lost souls

Added them to the database, thanks!
beerchug.gif
Cuda911
I'll go back and check out that junker that I saw for sale yesterday (see the "FS" forum for description). I forgot to get the VIN for the collection.
Cuda911
Andy, here's the VIN tag from the one in my recent post. I can't quite make out a couple of the numbers with 100% certainty.

Black, 1975. Oceanside, CA, on a used car lot currently. I think a 1.8.
SirAndy
QUOTE(Cuda911 @ Aug 7 2014, 04:49 PM) *
Andy, here's the VIN tag from the one in my recent post. I can't quite make out a couple of the numbers with 100% certainty.

475 29 08764
http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?act...mp;viewid=14629

idea.gif
Cuda911
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Aug 7 2014, 05:15 PM) *

QUOTE(Cuda911 @ Aug 7 2014, 04:49 PM) *

475 29 08764
http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?act...mp;viewid=14629

idea.gif

Ha, that ad in the link you provided is something! I wonder what he was asking for it on Ebay at that time?

Well, to keep the threads tied together, here is a link to my 914World post regarding the car.

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...=240675&hl=
KENNY
I got one not mine . This one I getting restore
rangrbob
These 6 are at Cooks Auto Spa in Loveland, CO. The first one on the list is the only one running and driving. All of the others are parts cars.

4732921377 Bronze color
4742913014 Red
4742903543 White
4722919659 White
4752903901 Blue
4752910102 Yellow
SirAndy
Added them to the database, thanks!
beerchug.gif
walterolin
Two ready for the crusher, no pics.

Located on the grounds of what appeared to be a closed auto repair shop, corner of Center Street and Pinellas, Tarpon Springs, FL.

Engine and trannny were missing from the 76, it had been T-boned on the passenger side, severe rust, top has been off for a long time, probably nothing worth saving.

Couldn't get a good look at the 72, but also in poor shape.

Both have been sitting outside for a long time.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.