Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Adding 914/6 Porsche hood crest
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Nana's_914
914/6s came with hood crests right?
Where is the factory location?
How far in from the point of the hood is the crest or it's mounting holes supposed to be?
SirAndy
QUOTE(Nana's_914 @ Feb 16 2009, 06:53 PM) *

914/6s came with hood crests right?
How far in from the point of the hood is the crest or it's mounting holes supposed to be?

Nope, no production 914 ever came with a hood crest. Neither /4 nor /6 ...
shades.gif Andy
ericread
Just keep drilling holes until it fits...

That's the way the factory did it. Or... maybe not... laugh.gif

BTW: The Pelican board has a template online for installing the Hood Crest.
slow914
in your head confused24.gif

chair.gif

carr914
Don't Do It

I used to like the crests and I've been into these cars a Long time. I will never put another one on.

Of Course, this is what probably drove me over the edge - my 19,000 mile 914-6 with the crest on the Rear lid headbang.gif

T.C.

Click to view attachment
tod914
how about velcro? ok, an adhesive if you want it on.
carr914
If you have to have one, put a sticker on. Then you can always remove it and not have any holes

T.C.
JoeSharp
On another car. 914's never came with one.
MartyYeoman
QUOTE(carr914 @ Feb 16 2009, 07:21 PM) *

Don't Do It

I used to like the crests and I've been into these cars a Long time. I will never put another one on.

Of Course, this is what probably drove me over the edge - my 19,000 mile 914-6 with the crest on the Rear lid headbang.gif

T.C.

Click to view attachment

Two words...Tramp Stamp icon8.gif
plymouth37
QUOTE(Nana's_914 @ Feb 16 2009, 07:53 PM) *

On a 911. biggrin.gif
ericread
Geez, These guys are brutal...

But it's obvious to anyone that knows anything about the history of Porsche that in their hurry to bring the 914 to market, the factory simply forgot to add the hood badge. By adding this badge you are simply completing their plans to properly badge the 914.

So go forward, and proudly install that hood badge!

piratenanner.gif
dr914@autoatlanta.com
don't do it
Johny Blackstain
What's the best & most inexpensive way to correct a previous owners mistake? Weld & grind?
IronHillRestorations
Sorry to disagree Eric, but the omission of the hood crest was deliberate.

TC those orangey crests are popular on Ebay. Yer gonna be R I C H!!!!
ericread
QUOTE(9146986 @ Feb 17 2009, 07:34 AM) *

Sorry to disagree Eric, but the omission of the hood crest was deliberate.

TC those orangey crests are popular on Ebay. Yer gonna be R I C H!!!!

Sorry, my attempt at a joke... rolleyes.gif

However, it does make me smile at all the folks that heavily modify their 914s then get crazy about the hood badge. If it's not going to be a concours car, then have some fun with it.

beerchug.gif
6freak
Its your car do what you wish ..piss on what anyone else thinks smile.gif your stuff `n a big motor in anyway arent you ...
johnnie5
QUOTE(6freak @ Feb 17 2009, 08:21 AM) *

Its your car do what you wish ..piss on what anyone else thinks smile.gif

agree.gif Thats the fact Jack! Whatever makes you happy. Besides, my car has a hood crest on it - and I like it! bootyshake.gif
RJMII
My hood came with the two holes already drilled from the PO...

and holes in the back end for one of those reflectors that says "Porsche" for between the tail lights.

Seems as if he focused on all of that stuff and forgot to make sure the valve covers didn't leak, and that the valves were adjusted. The shift bushings were shot. The clutch cable had wrong size of nuts on it for adjustment... but it had the hood badge and reflector!

edit:

forgot the link: http://www.pelicanparts.com/techarticles/9..._hood_crest.htm
PanelBilly
Mount it to your tool box or the tack board in your office
6freak
Mount it to the jack stands your car will be sitting on for the next 3 years while you stuff the big motor in.Or mount it to the front of the car leave the motor alone and drive the thing .... smile.gif all poke.gif aside its your car do what makes you happy
Nana's_914
Thanks for correcting the misinformation I had been told about 6s having crests. I can now comfortably leave the crest off. But, if something compels me to do it I will use double sided tape or a sticker.
1970 Neun vierzehn
QUOTE(Nana's_914 @ Feb 17 2009, 11:24 AM) *

I can now comfortably leave the crest off. But, if something compels me to do it I will use double sided tape or a sticker.

clap56.gif

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.