Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: oil pump different
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
dmenche914
Just inspected my oil pump, it is a Type I pump in my 914 Type IV motor. It is an after market cast iron pump 1.15 inch long gears, .004 inch clearance between ppump cover surface and gear tops (without gasket) and a .004 inch gasket for total .008 clearance between gear tops and iron cover (body is also iron)

Pump is stamped on cover "8mm" and "USA"

Is this a good pump, my oil pressure could have been higher.

thanks dave
ArtechnikA
QUOTE(dmenche914 @ Feb 22 2004, 12:29 AM)
Just inspected my oil pump, it is a Type I pump in my 914 Type IV motor. It is an after market cast iron pump ...

that'd almost certainly be the Melling pump. lots of racer guys use those. i have no experience with those in T-IV's (as this thread has emphatically demonstrated!) but you should get some responses from the guys who -so- have experience (Brad, especially) when they check in after working on their cars all weekend ...

(but i'm becoming even more convinced than ever that if you do, indeed, have an oil pressure problem (of which i am as yet unconvinced) that it is not oil-pump related.)

As Long As it's out, tho, this would be an excellent time to make sure the inlet and outlets are match-ported to the case, and to see if the O-ring mod has been done, without which these pumps are historic leakers ...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.