Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Bearing Puller
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
seanery
Bearing Puller
It looks like its about $180.
IPB Image
Aaron Cox
iu dont think i need one...im replacing mine when i do my rear conversion. ne ones are only 1/4 that price
Dave_Darling
That's a bunch of money for something you can make for the price of a couple of sockets and some all-thread....

--DD
seanery
HAHA! Thanks Dave.
Pelican sells 'em too for $60 more. LOL
Mark Henry
chairfall.gif

Now thats funny!

smoke.gif
Dave_Darling
QUOTE(seanery @ Feb 22 2004, 01:46 PM)
HAHA! Thanks Dave.
Pelican sells 'em too for $60 more. LOL

Dude, I must be reading different ads from you... The one you pictured said it was about $105 for a 74 914-4. The Pelican one I found by searching the catalog (it's a slightly different design) is just under $75.

Still a lot of money for something you can make with a couple of big sockets and some all-thread.

--DD
seanery
Order the bolt/nut kit along with the cup/washer kit.

It tells you to order both pieces.

Dave,
I found two versions on Pelican's site, the first one was $140. I found a direct link, can't get there from within Peli's site....hmmm, the page was called Porsche Tools, which looks different than the TOOLS page where this one was lots less:
Pelican Puller
IPB Image
seanery
Here It Is...I did a MSN search for "914 Bearing Puller" and came up with this page.
Dave_Darling
And you know that's the same tool how? The description says it comes with "Porsche-specific adaptors..." Doesn't sound like the same thing to me. Who knows, maybe the Pelican one is hydraulic-operated. Or is intended for professional shops and is top-quality and suitable for R&Ring dozens of bearings every day.

Or maybe it's just a couple of sockets and some all-thread.

We don't have enough info to call it, "The same thing for $60 more."

--DD
seanery
deciphering the part # led me to this part:
IPB Image
It does seem a bit more substantial.

I didn't mean to piss you off dave. wink.gif
Gint
Uh-oh ohmy.gif wacko.gif blink.gif
Dave_Darling
QUOTE(seanery @ Feb 22 2004, 06:36 PM)
I didn't mean to piss you off dave. wink.gif

Sorry, I don't mean to be so damn bitchy. I find that I've been getting irritated pretty easily lately...

--DD
swood
Menopause. w00t.gif
mskala
I bought the one like in the case, but without case and a couple pieces, many years
ago. What other stuff is it good for besides 914/911 wheel bearings? confused24.gif
Rgreen914
seanery

I bought one of those from Performance Products about a year ago; but mine looks a bit different with a longer shaft and the cup is also longer. It works like a CHAMP! It makes the job so easy, it's a shame the car only has two of those bearings. I even used it to press the new bearings back into the arms; yeah, I know, Brad says you don't need the tool to re-install the bearings, if you just freeze them first. It's a bit expensive, but once you use it, you won't mind the price as much.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.