Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: what was installed here?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
zeezee
Why are there all these butyl blobs in my front trunk?
... Scrape, pick, pull ... Ah ... plugging holes.

Click to view attachment

An old amp / car alarm / some AutoX equipment?

What's an acceptible way to plug them back up?
Butyl blobs?
I'm thinking plastic hole plugs + superglue.
IronHillRestorations
Butyl=one size fits all
Dr. Roger
Mounting bracket anchor points for a .50 caliber?!

=-)

Maybe sand, prime, and paint that bare metal before dabbing butyl, IMHO.
6freak

UH,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, WELD welder.gif
ericread
Looks to me like the floor has been bent up at some time in the past. Possibly these were cable/washer/bolt points for bringing the floor back down to the original level.

I've seen pictures where a wooden plank is placed under the bottom of the car. Cables are drilled through the wood plank and into the floor and tightened, bringing the floor back to level. Once the floor is back to level, the cables are removed, the plank disposed of and everything looks good.

At least that's the theory.

Eric
SirAndy
Those are factory drain holes. No kidding.

When your car was new, they had rubber grommets in them that allowed the water to drip out of the trunk.

I know there's a picture here somewhere of those grommets, but i can't find it right now ...
bye1.gif Andy
Johny Blackstain
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Feb 18 2009, 01:39 PM) *

When your car was new, they had rubber grommets in them that allowed the water to drip out of the trunk.

I know there's a picture here somewhere of those grommets, but i can't find it right now ...
bye1.gif Andy

agree.gif
Bingo- looks like a combo of 6 rubber plugs & 2 rubber drain tubes are needed to fill the holes. George @ AA has the plugs, not sure if anyone has the drain tubes anymore.
Sleepin
Flux Capacitor? ........jeez in the wrong place too!! It supposed to go in between the seats!
Dr. Roger
courtesy of Mc Mark's website.

has the same drain holes.

IPB Image
jsayre914
those holes are for the optional front trunk bench seat, the seat came with a modified front dood with a large oval hole cut into it and a small windshield. Mabey someone can come up with the pic chair.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE(jsayre914 @ Feb 18 2009, 12:29 PM) *

those holes are for the optional front trunk bench seat, the seat came with a modified front dood with a large oval hole cut into it and a small windshield. Mabey someone can come up with the pic chair.gif

I think you are talking about this ... Some of the old timers here may remember that picture ...
happy11.gif Andy

ConeDodger
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Feb 18 2009, 12:54 PM) *

QUOTE(jsayre914 @ Feb 18 2009, 12:29 PM) *

I think you are talking about this ... Some of the old timers here may remember that picture ...
happy11.gif Andy

Obvious culinary error. You don't serve white wine with pumpkin pie...

Although, if you have a big family you can never have enough seating at Thanksgiving. So the optional front trunk bench seat is a good idea if you can find one in good shape... biggrin.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Feb 18 2009, 01:17 PM) *

You don't serve white wine with pumpkin pie...

That's why that was actually pecan pie and beer!
shades.gif Andy
dr914@autoatlanta.com
QUOTE(Johny Blackstain @ Feb 18 2009, 11:44 AM) *

QUOTE(SirAndy @ Feb 18 2009, 01:39 PM) *

bye1.gif Andy

agree.gif
Bingo- looks like a combo of 6 rubber plugs & 2 rubber drain tubes are needed to fill the holes. George @ AA has the plugs, not sure if anyone has the drain tubes anymore.

yes we have the drain tubes and the plugs.
SirAndy
Found some pictures:

IPB Image

IPB Image

Part Number for the Drain Tube:
IPB Image

beerchug.gif Andy
ClayPerrine
QUOTE(ericread @ Feb 18 2009, 12:14 PM) *

Looks to me like the floor has been bent up at some time in the past. Possibly these were cable/washer/bolt points for bringing the floor back down to the original level.

I've seen pictures where a wooden plank is placed under the bottom of the car. Cables are drilled through the wood plank and into the floor and tightened, bringing the floor back to level. Once the floor is back to level, the cables are removed, the plank disposed of and everything looks good.

At least that's the theory.

Eric

Wouldn't it be easier just to get a really fat guy to jump up and down in the front trunk????

zeezee
Got it:
- 6 plugs
- 2 drains
- 1 pie man

thanks for the help!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.